Favorite Type of Apple

janetsjunk1972

Veteran
Local time
12:08 PM
When I was growing up there was one type of apple that I new about, red. I never dreamed there would be so many different types of apples to choose from as an adult. From Granny Smith, to Pink Lady, Fuji to Gala, Cortland to Braeburn...the list goes on and on. What is your favorite?

Last year I tried Pink Lady and I've been obsessed with them ever since. They are sweet & sour and plump in size. I love chopping them up & adding to my oatmeal in the morning or just slicing and dipping in peanut butter. They make a great filling snack that is good for you. Have I said how much I love them?

lol, I was the same way growing up. I never liked apples much only because of the kind my mom bought. But now I have discovered Gala apples and they are one of my favorites that I can easily find. I also like honey crisp but I can't find them anywhere other than the orchard we visit in the Fall.

It's funny our whole family likes a different kind of apple too. My husband's favorite is red delicious (blah!) and my one son loves "sour apples" (granny smith) and my other son really only eats cooked apples for now. I always think it's funny my one little guy yelling at me when I leave for the market, "make sure you get me some sour apples!".

Curiously, I only like one tour of eating apple and that is braeburn and only when it is green and crisp. The moment is stays to go yellow and mushy inside I physically can't eat them.

I recently tried the Braeburn apple. I didn't like them because they were mushy and a little bitter. They were yellow. Next time I will look for green Braeburn apples.

My favorite apples are the Gala and Fuji. They are firm and crisp.

I am not particular to any types of apples. However the most common type of apple we have in malls and supermarkets are the Fuji apples. I agree with Tara they are sweet, firm and have these crispy texture.

I always eat an apple every morning during breakfast and what I usually eat are the Gala and Fuji apples. I love its taste and it does not easily get spoiled compared to other apples.

My favourite is the good old Granny Smith. I love the crisp texture and sharp flavour. Red apples, and the Pink Lady variety are also fine but I cannot abide Golden Delicious. I don't like the texture, it's just too mushy - very offputting.

I also was not aware of the many choices of apples available. I really like the Granny Smith apple with cheese. The Goji apple and the Pink Lady are similar, sweet and juicy. Now when all I have to choose from is a Golden Delicious I am a little disappointed.

The best apples for me are the ones I pick for free. There are many naturalized apple trees growing alongside footpaths and on common land near to where I live. Most of these will have grown from pips in discarded apple cores. When I go out foraging in the autumn months, I come back with a bag full of different varieties. Sometimes I find two different varieties growing on the same tree.

bramley for cooking,then discovery from my garden,and we have braeburn and good old coxs

Are crab apples an option? I'm a fan of every kind of apple. The only real differentiation is that I prefer green to red apples.

Two words, my friend: GOLDEN DELICIOUS. No other apple can compare for me. Obviously this only applies to eating it as is and not in an apple pie or tart

Granny Smith Apples have always been my favorite followed by Red Delicious. To be honest I haven't tried some of the apples that have been mentioned. In the summer we have a market right down the road from us and there is a vendor selling apples. I may just have to buy one of each and expand my tastebuds :)

Back
Top Bottom