Favourite Food?

cheese ,could not live with out it we keep at least 8 different cheeses in the fridge at home and when we go to France i am known to have up to 20 cheeses by the end of the week,don't ask me which ones my favourite.....

Ooohh, this one is HARD. I love fresh, ripe fruits (I live in a tropical climate so there's no lack of that here) BUT I also love crispy, deep fried stuff too. For sweet, I think I'll go with fresh mango or strawberries. For savory...maybe fresh out of the fryer egg rolls?

Cheesy hasbrowns is my favorite all time dish and I could literally eat it all day long. I love to fry my hasbrowns in a puddle of vegetable oil and then wait until they are golden and crispy around the edges. I then melt some cheese on top. It was so hard to just choose one food to be my favorite as there are so many things I could choose from.

Now that IS a hard question! It's probably chilli con (or even non) carne - you can pack a lot of goodness into that dish, make it as hot as you dare plus you get to have nachos and sour cream on the side. I cook this at least once a week.

Now that IS a hard question! It's probably chilli con (or even non) carne - you can pack a lot of goodness into that dish, make it as hot as you dare plus you get to have nachos and sour cream on the side. I cook this at least once a week.

Omg NACHOS. I haven't had 'em in forever. Sounds delicious.

I am sure I could provide about 20 favourites but since you asked for one, I would say cheese and maybe it's because someone mentioned it earlier and brought it right in focus. Yet I really do love cheese and it's just one cheese: Vegetarian Cheddar, unlike the 8 or 20 mentioned by Berties. I could eat biscuits and cheese all day, everyday. Before I read the comments I was going to say rice but I will stick with cheese.

Oysters! I have some in the fridge right now which we are going to eat as a starter tonight. But this is a really difficult question... I like lobster too. It depends.

Oysters! I have some in the fridge right now which we are going to eat as a starter tonight. But this is a really difficult question... I like lobster too. It depends.

You live near the sea? Fresh oysters and lobster are the stuff of dreams, my friend.

I'm not far from coast (nearest is Whitstable which is famous for oysters). Also Faversham has its own oyster beds. I visit both, quite often - but the one's in my fridge at the moment, came from Tesco's! (50p each, which isn't bad). My absolute favourite oysters are Colchester (actually sited on Mersea Island), both natives and rock oysters. You can book on-line delivery from Colchester, I think.

This changes from time to time for me, but in general, a cheeseburger is usually at the top of the list. Following that, in varying order are usually sushi, bread and butter pickles/fried pickles, sauteed mushrooms, mint ice cream, and sweet tea. I can add or take away from that list almost constantly due to forever changing tastes. However a cheeseburger and a sweet tea seem to always be on the list, thus I'm sure those are probably my top favorite foods; if you can count tea as both a food and drink.

Shell fish for me has to be eaten at source,we try to spend a few weeks in France every year and I love the visit to Cancale,you sit on the quay wall watch the locals bring the oyster in and have a dozen graded 5 oysters ,bliss .......
Same with mussels ,I like the smaller ones called barflour sweet but it's so nice to see them landed ....lobsters and scallops I have dived for both in the past and will stroll along Swanage pier in the UK to convince divers to fill their goody bags for me ....normally get something ,I buy them breakfast and a cup of tea at the cafe normally works

Shell fish for me has to be eaten at source,we try to spend a few weeks in France every year and I love the visit to Cancale,you sit on the quay wall watch the locals bring the oyster in and have a dozen graded 5 oysters ,bliss .......
Same with mussels ,I like the smaller ones called barflour sweet but it's so nice to see them landed ....lobsters and scallops I have dived for both in the past and will stroll along Swanage pier in the UK to convince divers to fill their goody bags for me ....normally get something ,I buy them breakfast and a cup of tea at the cafe normally works
I know how you feel about oysters. I used to live close to a beach and I liked to crack open an oyster that I knew for a fact was fresh and begin eating away at them whenever I got the chance. Oysters would have made it into my favorite foods list, except it's not the actual taste of the oyster that I happen to like; it's the aftertaste of them that is the real selling point for me.

I know how you feel about oysters. I used to live close to a beach and I liked to crack open an oyster that I knew for a fact was fresh and begin eating away at them whenever I got the chance. Oysters would have made it into my favorite foods list, except it's not the actual taste of the oyster that I happen to like; it's the aftertaste of them that is the real selling point for me.

I can't eat oysters as they make me gag. I had a friend whose dad used to prepare oysters for us and made us sit at the table until we finished our plate. I tried them again once as an adult and still had a bad experience. I will not go near them at all now.

Back
Top Bottom