Feasting on Salad

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:59 AM
I'd forgotten how much I love this way of eating. This was a meal I made when I was staying at my friend's earlier this week. It was intended to use up bits of things left over but it transpired to be a feast! The great thing is you can take your time picking at things in various combinations. Its like an indoor picnic. It was served with slices of warm baguette. There was cheese to follow but we were too full up to eat it any more.

fullsizeoutput_4919.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4915.jpeg

Clockwise from the top in last photo:
  • Burgundine asparagus
  • Radicchio and watercress in vinaigrette
  • The Pished Fish Dark & Stormy Smoked Salmon - slow cured in rum and ginger (with a random piece of left over Prosciutto San Daniele)
  • Tomato salad with balsamic and parsley
  • Avocado with chilli flakes and lime juice
  • Truffled yoghurt potato salad with tarragon
  • Devilled eggs (Gentleman's Relish mixed with egg yolk and yoghurt)
  • Artichoke hearts in pesto
  • Prosciutto

Last edited:
I'd forgotten how much I love this way of eating. This was a meal I made when I was staying at my friend's earlier this week. It was intended to use up bits of things left over but it transpired to be a feast! The great thing is you can take your time picking at things in various combinations. Its like an indoor picnic. It was served with slices of warm baguette. There was cheese to follow but we were too full up to eat it any more.

View attachment 28364

View attachment 28365

• Burgundine asparagus
  • The Pished Fish Dark & Stormy Smoked Salmon - slow cured in rum and ginger (with a random piece of left over Prosciutto San Daniele)
  • Prosciutto

I'd be all over that, what a treat.

Russ

View attachment 28364

View attachment 28365

• Burgundine asparagus
  • Prosciutto

Great!

This sort of set up reminds me of my time living in Germany, this is how we would eat our breakfast.

I've had a slight cold for the past couple of days, I didn't feel like doing anything energetic so out of curiosity I Searched YouTube for 'Middle Eastern Salads'

Following the links led me to 'Salads For Avocado Lovers'

Then back to Middle Eastern Salads, and followed more links........and more links

Before I knew it, the afternoon had gone

It's a lot better than daytime TV!

Back
Top Bottom