Recipe Feta cheese and strawberry salad

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
6:12 PM
At some point I got fed up with raw onion, tomatoes and olives and turned the traditional Greek salad into a sweeter and lighter version which is well suited for younger people and persons who don't prefer raw onion or olives. Goes well with anything and beautifies the party table.

Preparation time: 3-4 min
Serves 4

Ingredients

Small Iceberg lettuce, teared
0,5 liters of strawberries, halved
200 g feta or feta type cheese, in chunks
1 green bell pepper or 1 cucumber, in thin slices

Mix the ingredients. Dressing: see here.

We use strawberries in salads when they're first in season, and now that we're moving into Autumn, we'll be using a lot of apples and pears in salad.

Fresh strawberries are available from April to October in Finland (grown in open fields in the summer and in greenhouses during spring/autumn). Local apples and pears tend to be small in size. They taste tangy and don´t keep well in stock.

Last edited:
Fresh strawberries where I live are available from about 11:30AM to maybe 4PM on June 2nd. After that, you're stuck with the imported ones from the supermarket. :laugh:

Fruit in salads is very underrated. I love the idea of strawberries and feta, so will definately be trying this. My all time favourite salad is a modified Waldorf - incorporating Stilton cheese, grapes, celery and wallnuts.

Back
Top Bottom