Recipe Fig & Chocolate Pecan Crostata

cookieee

Local time
5:48 AM
Here is a recipe for fellow "procrastinators" lol

Fig & Chocolate Pecan Crostata

1 refrigerated piecrust from a box (not in a dish)
1 large egg
1 jar (13 oz.) fig jam
4 TB. plus 1 tsp. sugar
2 TB. bourbon
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. orange zest
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the piecrust onto the parchment.
2. Separate the egg and place the egg yolk in a medium bowl and the egg white in a small bowl. In the medium bowl, whisk the jam, 2 TB. sugar, the bourbon, cinnamon, orange zest and a pinch of salt into the yolk. Whisk 2 TB. sugar into the egg white. Add the pecans to the egg white and toss until coated.
3. Spread the jam over the crust, leaving 1 1/2 to 2" border. Scatter the chocolate chips on top. Top with the pecans. Bring the edges of the crust over the filling, folding as you go and sealing any cracks in the sides so the filling doesn't ooze out as the pie bakes. Brush the crust with the remaining egg white in the bottom of the small bowl. Sprinkle the crust and the pie with the remaining 1 tsp. sugar. Bake, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking for even browning, until the crust is golden brown and the nuts are toasted, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the pie cool on a wire rack. Serves 8

Source: Rachael Ray Every Day mag. November 2019

Hmmm, we have pecans here, I was going to caramelise them, I'm told they are tasty.

Russ
Pecans are my favorite nut, any way they are fixed.

What do you mean? Do you mean pecans in general or caramelized?

Pecans are my favorite nut, any way they are fixed.

What do you mean? Do you mean pecans in general or caramelized?

I read on a murican site how you cook and crystal forms over it. By roasting, I roast nuts like cashews and peanuts so thought it sounded good.? I'll giggle it later.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom