File sizes again

^The image opened in a second on my laptop - no problem. The pic is 1,6 MB(!) when downloaded to my laptop.

Just wondering... In the account preferences interleaf there's a tab called "Available upgrades". Have some of the members upgraded their accounts (in terms of larger image file uploads)?

ja.JPG

Our WiFi connection is a housing co-operative broadband system (enhanced in our apartment) and fast enough to upload a big bunch of large image files smoothly. I still haven't figured out why the restriction for me is ~2,5 MB/pic when uploading photos to CookingBites either from my laptop (Windows 10/Edge) or from the phone (Android/Chrome). I can't identify any cache (memory) problem either. I noticed that the problem isn't dependent on the file format (jpeg or png). As I wrote in a previous post, I was able to upload a larger file (~4 MB) straight from a third party cloud service. - But that requires two uploads - and nowadays the specific cloud service (Imgur) attaches an automatic marketing tag if an image is uploaded straight from the site.

Last edited:
^The image opened in a second on my laptop - no problem. The pic is 1,6 MB(!) when downloaded to my laptop.

Just wondering... In the account preferences interleaf there's a tab called "Available upgrades". Have some of the members upgraded their accounts (in terms of larger image file uploads)?

View attachment 52690

Our WiFi connection is a housing co-operative broadband system (enhanced in our apartment) and fast enough to upload a big bunch of large image files smoothly. I still haven't figured out why the restriction for me is ~2,5 MB/pic when uploading photos to CookingBites either from my laptop (Windows 10/Edge) or from the phone (Android/Chrome). I can't identify any cache (memory) problem either. I noticed that the problem isn't dependent on the file format (jpeg or png). As I wrote in a previous post, I was able to upload a larger file (~4 MB) straight from a third party cloud service. - But that requires two uploads - and nowadays the specific cloud service (Imgur) attaches an automatic marketing tag if an image is uploaded straight from the site.
My average speed is 25mbps .

I changed the pic. It should show now.

Thanks. Believe it or not I knew nothing about this. It must be something recently introduced... I presume (maybe?) I'm somehow exempt as a mod. There have been no announcements about it and I'm pretty sure this didn't used to be the case.

It's Xfinity Wifi, but I don't pay for it. I can't get upgraded. So, I will live with it.

Back
Top Bottom