Recipe Filipino Dynamite

briannagodess

Veteran
Local time
1:27 PM
Have you heard of this food? It's made with finger chili stuffed with cheese then wrapped in lumpia or spring roll wrapper. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

finger chili (siling haba)
cheddar cheese (sliced into small strips)
Spring rolls or lumpia wrappers
cooking oil

Procedures:

1. Using a knife, slit each chili vertical cut then scrape out the seeds. Rinse then drain.
2. Stuff the chili with cheese then wrap and roll the wrapper, use a bit of water to seal the edges.
3. In a frying pan, heat enough oil then deep fry the rolls for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
4. Drain on paper towel then serve with preferred dressing (either ketchup or ketchup with mayonnaise for me!).

Enjoy!

I have never heard of this before. I like coming to this site every morning and discovering
new things from around the world! Thanks for sharing with us.

@Berties
Yes, that could work too! Cream cheese for the filling can be another variety that people might want to try. And the salsa idea is another great point. It is healthier and also tastier.

@cupcakechef
Yes this is great for snacks or beer 'food.' Go ask them about this maybe they know how to cook this!

@L_B
You're welcome! I do find new recipes around here too which helps in my everyday cooking. It enables me to provide variety in meals for my family.

That dynamite roll is getting popular in parties particularly when there is beer. My sister-in-law usually have that in gatherings held in their house. But her dynamite roll has an added ingredient - ground pork. She said that the ground pork would somehow neutralize the taste of hot chili so it can be appreciated by those people who are not fond of hot or spicy food. But it's really good that you posted the recipe so the readers can try their hand especially in places where the long pepper is common.

Back
Top Bottom