First Aldi in Louisiana, U.S.

I have about 6 different supermarkets in my neighborhood, ALDI is the one were I dislike the most. The others have USP I like, ALDI still has a good offer on fresh fruits & veggies

They also have a fantastic organic product section here. There are 6 locarions within 20 miles of my home. Two of them are new and quite large.
Oh, that's great! They have barely any organic products here just like Lidl, that's one of my biggest reasons to shop elsewhere too. I only buy organic meat and fish and dairy.

Can´t tell you much about ALDI - although I´ll be visiting it this week in my home town.
There´s a LIDL just down the road from here and I bought stuff there on Thursday. Unbelievably cheap, first class Camembert, but short on variety.

Our local is about 10 minute walk away, couldn't do a full weeks shop but they do have good stuff, fruit and veg are generally better than Sainsburys, best hot cross buns around.
Some people don't like the fact that the till staff are really quick so if you have a trolley of stuff then packing can be a bit of a nightmare but this way they can process a lot of customers pretty quickly which is why the have so few staff and have cheap prices.

We have 2 Sam's Clubs up here, neither sell booze. Must not have been able to get a liquor license here? Some grocery stores up here have a liquor department, and different locations of the same chains don't.
Sam’s sells spirits/liquor here, but it’s all packaged in gift boxes, with a couple of specialty glasses, things like that. In Minnesota, Sam’s has a separate fully-stocked liquor store.

Their wine selection here is fairly extensive, but their beer is so-so. Kroger seems to have overtaken hosting all the liquor stores, though.

Back
Top Bottom