Fish Allergies

Elawin

Guru
Local time
5:44 AM
Mod Edit: this thread had been split off from the Fish Stew recipe because it was off topic and developing into a new thread.

I agree, seafood stews and most seafood are a "here and now" and not meant to be reheated, IMHO. Reheating, even very gently can result in over cooking. It was perfect when served.
There are times when being allergic to fish and shellfish has it's advantages :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Day-Day!.jpg
My 14-year-old grandnephew is allergic to seafood. He almost died from it once!!! :eek::headshake:

Last edited:
View attachment 12414 My 14-year-old grandnephew is allergic to seafood. He almost died from it once!!! :eek::headshake:
:ohmy: I feel for him. I go rather red, and am rather sick or my throat closes up very quickly. That's bad enough. People don't seem to understand that you can't eat fish or anything that contains it (such as a sauce). I was once given a meal that had fish in it, and when I said I was allergic to fish they just took the pieces of fish off the plate and seemed to think that would be OK. Mine is also an airborne allergy so I can't even go past somewhere where there is fish.

Sounds delicious!

I'm sorry to hear about your grand nephew. Schools are very aware of allergies to nuts, but I don't think they do enough when I comes to seafood.

Hopefully, and in time, he'll outgrow it. I know another kid who can't have peanuts. When he goes out to a restaurant, I have to remind the staff that he can't have them at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom