Fish Tacos

beasleym1989

Veteran
Local time
7:43 PM
I am making fish tacos for the first time ever tonight. I am using Mahi Mahi, but not sure which kind of sauce that I should go with. I have seen recipes for chipotle mayo, jalepeno sauce, and a cilantro lime sauce. I don't eat a lot of fish and am not sure which would pair the best with Mahi Mahi. Any suggestions?

A bit late now, but I think this kind of fish is brilliant with chilli sauces. How did you serve it in the end?

This was easily one of the top 5 recipes I've ever made. We'll be eating it a lot. I ended up doing a chipotle lime crema. I used 2 chipotle peppers, garlic powder, paprika, 1/4c of greek yogurt, and the juice from one lime. It turned out incredible.

I love fish tacos! I have not made them at home yet, but I want to. I love the fish tacos at Mexican restaurants especially Baja Fresh. They have fish tacos to die for. Add some pico de gallo and lime and they are heaven in a tortilla! I think you did a good job with the sauce. The chipolte peppers must have made it quite spicy...no?

Yeah, there was a nice kick to it. The recipe I found only called for 1 chipotle pepper, but I opted for two because my boyfriend and I both like some spice. It wasn't unbearable by any means. We also threw on some pico and purple cabbage so it all balanced really nicely.

Yeah, I am dieting right now...but there maybe a fish taco recipe as part of it...or I am sure I can make one with a low carb tortilla. It isn't like they are that super fattening. They always seem to use cabbage in the fish tacos. I guess the flavors just marry together better.

I love fish tacos as well, the only problem is that my other half is not into seafood and so I rarely get to make any of it at home. What kind of fillers did you put in the tacos with the fish? I bet those tacos would taste amazing with fresh cilantro, onions, cucumber, and tomatoes.

Yeah, I am dieting right now...but there maybe a fish taco recipe as part of it...or I am sure I can make one with a low carb tortilla. It isn't like they are that super fattening. They always seem to use cabbage in the fish tacos. I guess the flavors just marry together better.

Honestly, a tortilla here and there isn't going to hurt you. Are you exercising as well? I justify some of food choices by knowing that I've worked off several calories in my HIIT workouts.

@Rosyrain - We both appreciate the flavor of seafood so I didn't do much for filler. I used a dry rub on the fish and then just put a little bit of pico (cilantro and onions and tomatoes were in this obviously so there's three of your four right there), cabbage, and then the chipotle lime crema. I'm not a fan of cucumbers so I wouldn't like that, but maybe a slice of avocado?

Back
Top Bottom