Fishing

I plan on doing more coastal sea fishing here in the North Sea, and there is quite a good abundance of fish. As for fresh water fish, coming from UK we generally dont touch fresh water fish (not sure why) but if you go over Poland or Germany you often see Carp in fish shops. I know also there is an issue on Polish residents in the UK catching huge Carp in the UK for eating which are typically left for sports fishermen who return them.

G has a fishing tournament the last weekend of this month. It is a saltwater tournament in Grand Isle. He is bringing a couple of clients. He has not used his bay boat in 9 or 10 months. We decided it would be a good idea to take it out before the tournament. G talked to some of his Buds. The report was that channel catfish were biting near the bridge in the Delcambre canal. G caught two. The smaller one was about 1 1/2 lbs. His big one was 4 lbs.

I only caught one.

9 lbs. 25" long. We were using lite tackle - 8 lb test line. I initially thought I had snagged a log.
We were too tired to cook Saturday. Sunday G filleted the fish. We had a heart attack dinner. Fried everything - fish, onion rings, green beans and sweet peppers. I had a tray piled high ready for a picture only to find that my phone was dead. Forgot to put it on the charger.
It was a great day. Nice to be out on the water. After fishing G took the boat for a run. We crossed the inter-coastal canal into Weeks Bay. The boat ran fine.

G has a fishing tournament the last weekend of this month. It is a saltwater tournament in Grand Isle. He is bringing a couple of clients. He has not used his bay boat in 9 or 10 months. We decided it would be a good idea to take it out before the tournament. G talked to some of his Buds. The report was that channel catfish were biting near the bridge in the Delcambre canal. G caught two. The smaller one was about 1 1/2 lbs. His big one was 4 lbs.

I only caught one.

View attachment 42105

9 lbs. 25" long. We were using lite tackle - 8 lb test line. I initially thought I had snagged a log.
We were too tired to cook Saturday. Sunday G filleted the fish. We had a heart attack dinner. Fried everything - fish, onion rings, green beans and sweet peppers. I had a tray piled high ready for a picture only to find that my phone was dead. Forgot to put it on the charger.
It was a great day. Nice to be out on the water. After fishing G took the boat for a run. We crossed the inter-coastal canal into Weeks Bay. The boat ran fine.
Nice haul ElizabethB , and a day to remember!

I only caught one.

View attachment 42105

I love fishing. I will go again this summer. Well done!!!

Russ

Hopefully we are going sea fishing tomorrow on a friends boat. My wife loves just dropping a line over the side. Last year before we sold her we would go out a lot.

Mercury is a big issue with many saltwater fish too, especially large fish. I love tuna but the bigger ones can be quite toxic. We eat walleye a couple of times a year. It's the really big 10+ pounders that we don't want. Fish 5 pounds and under I'm not too worried about.

My husband and his cousins go well across Lake Erie to the north in deeper waters closer to the Canadian side. It's a much cleaner lake than it once was.

So hubby will fry the fish and I will do the side dishes and most of the cleanup. It will be a messy kitchen!

Back in the day, that walleye (Land O Lakes region of Wisconsin) was pristine-clean, and I suspect those lakes are pretty much remaining clean. I'd fish there again. Walleye was an awesome catch!

Back
Top Bottom