Fishing

That is the only way I fish for the table. Some times I'll fish catch and release in fresh water. Nothing like hooking up with a nice invasive peacock bass or native largemouth. Snook and tarpon are both euryhaline and I've hooked up with several in local lakes.
FL is on my fishing hit list. I am a kayak fisherman and would love to check out some of your local waters. Peacock, Knife fish, Oscars, etc. I want to target fresh water invasive stuff first then try for my PB largemouth bass. I found an outfit that rents the same Hobie Kayak I run so it's almost perfect. if FL wasn't opposite the country, I would road trip!!

FL is on my fishing hit list. I am a kayak fisherman and would love to check out some of your local waters. Peacock, Knife fish, Oscars, etc. I want to target fresh water invasive stuff first then try for my PB largemouth bass. I found an outfit that rents the same Hobie Kayak I run so it's almost perfect. if FL wasn't opposite the country, I would road trip!!
Be careful in a yak, you might find some of the "locals" want to climb in with you! Never been an issue before until some idiots decided to start feeding them. That is illegal, not to mention dangerous. This time of year is gator mating season and looking for a hand out might not be necessary. Too many gators have had to be destroyed because of these idiots. Once a human is associated with food, game over, dead gator.

I fish offshore from Kayak, freshwater isn't really my thing. If you want recommendations for fishing guides, I can send you a private message.

I forgot, bull sharks can handle freshwater as well. They have been found up the Mississippi river. The Lake Nicaragua shark is a bull shark.

Last edited:
i love fishing. bonus if it is one i can eat. i recently flew to Oklahoma to find Striped Bass.

Two friends and I rented a boat out of Key Largo on Sunday. I got a few Yellowtail Snappers and the only two Mutton Snappers in the pic. We reached our aggregate limit and headed home for beers.

View attachment 87112
Nice haul, especially the mutton. I've shot plenty of muttons, but still prefer hogfish. Have you ever caught a hogfish on hook and line? I knew a Pembroke Pines police Sargent who took a 23 lb hog with a pole spear!:okay: That thing looked like a half sheet of plywood. Can you imagine a 172 lb cobia taken by spear? Brazilian free diver.

Nice haul, especially the mutton. I've shot plenty of muttons, but still prefer hogfish. Have you ever caught a hogfish on hook and line? I knew a Pembroke Pines police Sargent who took a 23 lb hog with a pole spear!:okay: That thing looked like a half sheet of plywood. Can you imagine a 172 lb cobia taken by spear? Brazilian free diver.
I've never caught a Hogfish by hook or spear. Delicious fish though!

Back
Top Bottom