Food related trivia

This is hopefully an established practiced all over the world and not just another piece of Portuguese silliness, but here in Portugal the elders believed stuffing aromatic herbs on babies' butts helps relieve them of constipation. Tickling babies with cabbage stalk would also work.

Follow me for more disgusting medical tips.
If I happened upon someone stuffing aromatics up a baby's butt, I'd calmly ask, "425F for about two hours? How often do you baste it?" :laugh:

What is the culture that practices eating funeral meals off the dead? And is this practice still being done?

What is the culture that practices eating funeral meals off the dead? And is this practice still being done?
In Serbia on all souls day you picnic on the graves of your relatives. A team of fierce looking Priests bless each family and share a toast for the interned with a shot of home Slivovitz. When the priest got to my wife's uncles grave he was pissed as a newt.
1612435757165.png
1612435906212.png

In Serbia on all souls day you picnic on the graves of your relatives. A team of fierce looking Priests bless each family and share a toast for the interned with a shot of home Slivovitz. When the priest got to my wife's uncles grave he was pissed as a newt.View attachment 56610View attachment 56611

The only references I have ever had to the practice were from Edgar Allen Poe and a movie which I cannot remember the name of. The movie was about a fugitive, either from the law, military or the mob, and in their flight, eventually wound up in a village chapel where they found food, by taking it off the deceased body of somebody waiting to be buried. I think the movie took place in an Adriatic country, Italy, Greece, Albania, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia or Macedonia. The man fled through fields of Olive Trees, pursued by a Helicopter at one point. I wish I could remember the title of the movie.

The only references I have ever had to the practice were from Edgar Allen Poe and a movie which I cannot remember the name of. The movie was about a fugitive, either from the law, military or the mob, and in their flight, eventually wound up in a village chapel where they found food, by taking it off the deceased body of somebody waiting to be buried. I think the movie took place in an Adriatic country, Italy, Greece, Albania, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia or Macedonia. The man fled through fields of Olive Trees, pursued by a Helicopter at one point. I wish I could remember the title of the movie.
This site might be of help. You type in details of the movie and it shows you movies fitting that description.

What is My Movie?

Back
Top Bottom