Food that is so wrong

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
4:00 PM
http://sundaychickendinner.blogspot...2013/03/luther-burger-donut-cheeseburger.html

photo-26.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear! Burger in a doughnut eh? :ohmy:

I recently acquired a copy of the All Colour Hamlyn Cookbook (vintage 1970) as sometimes used by @Wyshiepoo. Its full of great retro recipes - some of which I intend to try. But then I spotted this one. There is something very wrong about this: 'Fried Sardine Sandwiches' - which sounds sort of OK until you read the ingredients and method. Basically you mix peanut butter with the oil from the sardine tin and then spread it on the bread with the sardines....

I'll post the recipe as a new thread later for those brave enough to try it. :D

It took me a few seconds to realize that it was a doughnut. I've had cheeseburgers with fried eggs in them before, so when I saw the photo, I was like "meh, is this supposed to be weird?". :meh:

Oh dear! Burger in a doughnut eh? :ohmy:

I recently acquired a copy of the All Colour Hamlyn Cookbook (vintage 1970) as sometimes used by @Wyshiepoo. Its full of great retro recipes - some of which I intend to try. But then I spotted this one. There is something very wrong about this: 'Fried Sardine Sandwiches' - which sounds sort of OK until you read the ingredients and method. Basically you mix peanut butter with the oil from the sardine tin and then spread it on the bread with the sardines....

I'll post the recipe as a new thread later for those brave enough to try it. :D

Already tried it some time ago.

It's interesting...

The amount of sugar that's in the sweet glazed donut would drive up the glucose lever to an astronomical level that's too high!! :ohmy::headshake::stop:

Although I wouldn't eat it, too sweet and has an egg on it, there is a restaurant/diner that sells them. Maybe no egg.
Not much of a donut person. Can’t stand cheese on my burger. But the fried egg is the worst thing in there

Back
Top Bottom