Food vs Politics

At what stage have I ever forced my views onto anyone? I am vegetarian, but you will not find any point where I have condemned someone for eating meat.

As for bigotry: I'm talking racism and homophobia here. There is no need to get personal - I have not pointed a finger at anybody here, so why should I get abuse?

Cultures: I've lived and worked in countries in sub-Saharan Africa, so please do not accuse me of being ignorant of other cultures. I've even written a book on the subject.

Cultures: I've lived and worked in countries in sub-Saharan Africa, so please do not accuse me of being ignorant of other cultures. I've even written a book on the subject.

I'd like to have a look at that book.

At what stage have I ever forced my views onto anyone? I am vegetarian, but you will not find any point where I have condemned someone for eating meat.

As for bigotry: I'm talking racism and homophobia here. There is no need to get personal - I have not pointed a finger at anybody here, so why should I get abuse?

As I stated clearly I was NOT - I'll repeat that - NOT referring to anyone on this forum - I simply stated [ after someone pointed out that they had been sneered at for being vegetarian] that the exact opposite has happened to me and that I have personal experience that SOME vegetarians CAN be just as unpleasant as SOME meat eaters - and that this is often overlooked by SOME of the 'healthy eating' crusaders we see around us - again I will repeat this [as I stated] refers to no-one on this forum. It was just a statement of fact.
As for bigotry and guns - you mentioned them. Yes the world is full of both but I simply don't see the relevance and neither did I see why you singled out 'republicans' - as I pointed out bigotry goes in all directions - it is not the reserve of any one group, and only asked why they were mentioned [in fact according to my OP they and all other politicians would be better replaced by some sort of a world food council anyway]. Who pointed fingers ?
Finally I DID NOT say anything about you not understanding other cultures - I mentioned our time in the east more as a sad reflection that we probably will never be able to return because of the actions of a few so called leaders [again a reflection on my OP]
My belief is and always will be that everyone should understand and be proud of their own culture so that they may understand others - what is wrong with this ? It was in no way meant as a reflection on you just a simple opinion that respect for others is based on respect for yourself and that if the world in general accepted this we would all be a lot safer. Yet again you were not mentioned in this in any way
I will end by saying this - not one word of my post was aimed at you or anyone else here and at no time did I say it was.
I will apologise if my post caused offence but try re-reading it.

Sneered at for being a vegetarian? Surely you're jesting. Do invite them to Cooking Bites where we have Chocolate Grenades and Guinness fights.:banghead::banghead:
Someone pinched your idea!
Chocolate Grenade.jpg
http://londonist.com/2016/03/chocolate-hand-grenades-the-art-of-k-tee

Back
Top Bottom