Foods that are surprisingly vegan

I am just showing my ignorance in vegan matters because I thought that all chocolate contained milk unless it was just cocoa powder or raw beans! :oops:
Hotel chocolate experimented this year with a vegan milk chocolate Easter egg made with almond milk powder which was actually really nice! I also have a couple of other chocolate supplies which are vegan, one made with cashew nuts that is exceptionally nice as well, but not cheap sadly. It is perfectly possibly to make vegan milk chocolate as well. I have made handmade dairy free truffles at home which is great fun!

Hotel chocolate experimented this year with a vegan milk chocolate Easter egg made with almond milk powder which was actually really nice! I also have a couple of other chocolate supplies which are vegan, one made with cashew nuts that is exceptionally nice as well, but not cheap sadly. It is perfectly possibly to make vegan milk chocolate as well. I have made handmade dairy free truffles at home which is great fun!

The almond milk powder milk chocolate Easter egg sounds delicious. I've never had anything chocolate made with from almond milk, but it's definitely something I would try.

I actually thought orange juice is vegan but it turns out its not. In order to make them heart healthy, manufacturers add in Omega 3 which they get from fishes except when they use synthetic ones. They also use lanolin from sheep's wool to add some Vitamin D in juices. One juice which is certified vegan is Tropicana. Another one is PepsiCo.

Most candies also contain shellac which is an insect derived ingredient. Watch out for confectioner's glaze in the ingredient's list as this is code for shellac. Some Laffy Taffy varieties are vegan. Skittles is also now vegan! Other not known candies that are vegan are Veggie Percy's (from M&S) and Jelly Tots.

The one that always surprises me the most is Oreos are vegan! The ingredients are all vegan, although I think they are produced in a factory that also handles dairy so they often have the “may contain trace of milk” warning on the label.

Back
Top Bottom