Foods that taste better the next day(s)?

I know eh! Fortunately for me I spent some time in India and did a little cooking there as well. What a country and what a cuisine.

I was reluctant to eat the British India Restaurant food in the 70s. Then I spent two short business trips in India and thereafter started cooking my own Indian food using Madhur as a guide. Never looked back.

I was reluctant to eat the British India Restaurant food in the 70s. Then I spent two short business trips in India and thereafter started cooking my own Indian food using Madhur as a guide. Never looked back.
Yeah, she rocks and a real ambassador for Indian cuisine. I gifted my copy Madhur Jaffrey Indian Cooking to a close friend that was starting on their journey of Indian foods. I loved that book. Indian food has been a priority for me as a professional cook and started my spice journey in general to middle eastern, southeast asian, mexican and south american cuisine. I was lucky enough to spend some time in Thailand as well, I'm envious of you, what a great country.

Yeah, yeah. My friends who like curries say the same thing. "You just haven't had good curry." Then they drag me to an Indian restaurant, telling me, "I'm going to love it." I don't "love" it, and they tell me there is something wrong with me. Blah, blah, blah.

CD

We used to use the curry powder available on the spice aisle in a few curry dishes we tried and were meh, it's okay, nothing really special for the most part, then a young woman from Australia started posting on another forum and she was always making butter chicken for her family, pretty much once a week, as they really liked it, so asked for her recipe. Hooked after that. It's been way too long since we made it. Need to make it again. We picked up some cookbooks, including Thai, and Craig started making different curry pastes and freezing them. They are all gone now, but he did mention picking up the stuff he needs to make more a couple of weeks ago so maybe that's a project for him.

Yeah, she rocks and a real ambassador for Indian cuisine. I gifted my copy Madhur Jaffrey Indian Cooking to a close friend that was starting on their journey of Indian foods. I loved that book. Indian food has been a priority for me as a professional cook and started my spice journey in general to middle eastern, southeast asian, mexican and south american cuisine. I was lucky enough to spend some time in Thailand as well, I'm envious of you, what a great country.

There are just some flavors I like, and some I don't like. Asian food is all over the place. I don't like Indian flavors, or Japanese, but I like most Korean and Chinese -- some of it a lot. I'm mixed on Thai and Vietnamese. I'm mixed on Middle Eastern, too. I had a Persian neighbor for about ten years, and like me, he cooked. Some of his dishes were great, others I couldn't eat. The breads at the local Middle Eastern bakery/grocery are awesome!

CD

I am grazing on leftover, cold Buffalo wings today. I love them fresh and hot, but cold the next day they make an awesome food to snack on.

CD

There are just some flavors I like, and some I don't like. Asian food is all over the place. I don't like Indian flavors, or Japanese, but I like most Korean and Chinese -- some of it a lot. I'm mixed on Thai and Vietnamese. I'm mixed on Middle Eastern, too. I had a Persian neighbor for about ten years, and like me, he cooked. Some of his dishes were great, others I couldn't eat. The breads at the local Middle Eastern bakery/grocery are awesome!

CD
Well that is unusual CD.

CD
My wife is like that with North African flavors, that sort of savory-sweet combo. She just doesn't care for it.

Um, could you expand on that? :scratchhead:

CD
Um, could you expand on that? :scratchhead:

CD
Normally a person that likes foods from say Korea generally would like Thai and Vietnamese. Chinese is a big place and the cuisines that define chinese are pretty diverse but where it comes close to the border of India the cuisine is called hakka which is a blend of both derived from marriages derived from both cultures and it's on fire in Toronto. Maybe you don't like the coriander and cumin flavours found in foods from India and the middle east, not sure but a guess.

Absolutely, and I normally add a little organic butter, lip smacking. Probably not something someone from Bologna would do and may be against the law, not sure. :wink:

:laugh: I've just spoken to a lawyer in Bologna and he said he'll turn a blind eye :laugh:

Yes, butter, why not? I also add it sometimes. Some people add it and some don't, some put white wine or red wine, it's one of those traditional recipes whose tradition is about not adding ingredients that don't belong to Bolognese Ragù, while others are flexible and more than normal :okay:

Back
Top Bottom