Freezing Bread

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
6:48 AM
I have never froze bread before. But, I seem to have a lot at the moment and am considering it.

When bread is frozen and then thawed, does it suffer a loss in its texture, taste or other?

I don't think it suffers much, as long as you wrap it really well. I'm eating thawed bread now.

I used to wrap it tightly in two layers of plastic wrap, then foil, then in a freezer bag. Since I got the vacuum sealer, I wrap it in two layers of plastic wrap, freeze it, then vacuum seal it.

I don't think it suffers much, as long as you wrap it really well. I'm eating thawed bread now.

I used to wrap it tightly in two layers of plastic wrap, then foil, then in a freezer bag. Since I got the vacuum sealer, I wrap it in two layers of plastic wrap, freeze it, then vacuum seal it.

Thanks for the input.

I freeze bread all the time but I prefer to toast it instead of eating it thawed, I don't like the texture.

I finally got around to thawing out some frozen bread to do my yam knadles. The slices I picked out thawed very quickly in about 10 minutes or less. They tasted fresh.

I did an experiment and refrigerated a slice of bread overnight. It got stiff.

Unless I'm eating it the same day that it's bought, I freeze all our bread. However, I find that baguettes appear to have a shorter shelf life in the freezer than cobs or burger buns.

Back
Top Bottom