Fusion Cuisine

Thank you! I've been around for a few weeks now. I'm enjoying this forum immensely. I get to share my thoughts and ideas with other people and in turn see what others think!

Since my mother is from the old chinese ways of living, we grew up with her methods and simply incorporated Jamaican foods and ingredients as we go. Jamaican food is spicy and hot. So I've adopted this as well using plenty of the Scotch Bonnet peppers. I have to have some of that Pickle with almost anything I eat. I think though most of our food looks dominantly chinese.
That's cool. I like combining a technique with new ingredients.

Also conkies I'll have to try.
All the best there. I honestly have never tried and I am in no hurry to try. I've seen my mom make those as a girl and I am not for that kind of labour especially since I am not a big fan. My husband loves them so I am happy for him when his girlfriends make them for him every year around our November Independence.

Last edited:
All the best there. I honestly have never tried and I am in no hurry to try. I've seen my mom make those as a girl and I am not for that kind of labour especially since I am not a big fan. My husbands loves them so I am happy for him when his girlfriends make them for him every year around our November Independence.
Wow. I may try it then. Hope it's not too bad. I've cooked some time consuming dishes before like Indian ones. Don't know it the time and labor is anything like that.

Wow. I may try it then. Hope it's not too bad. I've cooked some time consuming dishes before like Indian ones. Don't know it the time and labor is anything like that.
I find I am always rushing and honestly like to whip up quick meals. There are some things I would only like to make once or twice to say I have made them. I used to watch my mom laboring in the kitchen with a lot of our traditional meals and I honestly felt sorry for her. Mind you, she loved it and loved to entertain and got pure joy when others commented about her great skills. The only time I want be in the kitchen for long periods is when I have guest. Anytime I find a recipe that is long and drawn out, it's avoided or left until there is a holiday.

Back
Top Bottom