Gadgets/tools which aren't intended for the kitchen

How do you stop the dough sticking to the shower cap when it rises higher than the tin though?

Oh - good point. But I never had that happen. You sort of 'tent it' with the elasticated part at the top of the tin. Maybe this wouldn't work on a smooth sided tin. I usually use a bannaton and the shower cap works fine - or a tin which has a sort of 'lip' on the outside upper edge so the elasticated bit goes just under it.

When I bake a round loaf I use a silicone bread mould (no lip) and for a bloomer I shape it flat on a silicone sheet so I usually end up trying to create a tent from clingfilm and various bottles from the cupboard (why does clingfilm cling to everything except the thing you actually want it to cling to?). I can see a shower cap may work on a smallish loaf tin with a lip, I just tried one on my new large silicone tin though and whilst it has a lip it stretches the shower cap out too much so there's no room for expansion :(

Is that a cat d8?

Russ

If my memory serves me correctly it's a Cat 572 sideboom (based upon a D7). Given the skid rack on the front it's the stabbing in boom.

You are all talking gobbledygook as far as I'm concerned! :happy:

Generally.

When constructing an overland pipeline the individual pipes are "strung out" and bent to accommodate the terrain. They are thereafter welded above ground into continuous lengths that are restricted only by obstructions such as roads, railways, rivers, deep ditches, etc. They are laid upon "skids" which are built high enough to permit the welders access to all the pipe circumference for welding. The tractor (or sideboom) which picks up the strung pipe for welding is called the stabbing in boom. The one in my image has had the boom and counterweight removed for transporting the components back to our depot. The job was finished.

This is the "front end" of a pipeline construction operation showing the stabbing in boom.

front end.jpg

[Note: I am not aware of any use to which a sideboom could be put in the kitchen]

You are all talking gobbledygook as far as I'm concerned! :happy:

It's a blokey thing, I've had a lot to do with gold miners and heavy equipment. I've driven dump trucks and operated heavy excavators. 30 and 40 tonne diggers. I used to help a customer working gear to help him out.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom