Getting a New Car!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:25 PM
2015-toyota-camry-front-angle3_10242_089_480x360.jpg

I'm getting (leasing) my new car tomorrow morning!!

After putting up with my old car with things breaking down one thing after the other, it is now time to get rid of it, rather than to spend a mountain of money repairing it!

The new one is a Toyota Camry LE - the baseline model (pictured above). Even though it is not fully loaded, it DOES have some pretty impressive & nice features under the hood! The extra-quiet 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine has been modified & pepped up for an extra powerful performance on the road, yet it is cheap on gasoline!

The instrument panel is almost amostly electronic, replacing much of the mechanical dials & knobs. I test drove it last week and fell in love with it!! :wink:

Last edited:
:):) Don't bother with Classic 33. He is in a 'class' all by himself. Let's just thank him for the video. Now I am tempted to go watch the movie. He's well beyond his years and ours for sure. Anyway, I am happy you are happy with your new car...
Lexus is the "posh" end of Toyota. How did you know about what I did at school?

Nice car, when the time comes to replace the older car you can not go wrong with a Toy! We have several in our family and really like them.

Congratulations on your new car. I am very happy for you. It is really nice.

Thanks, everyone!!

It IS a very nice & lovely car!! I've been zipping around town in it most of the morning!! I'm spoiled with it!!

It is very quiet, and for a 2.5 liter 178-hp 4- cylinder engine, it certainly has a lot of pep & power to it!! Goes from 0 to 60 in about 8.5 seconds!! It can get out of it's own way, and even though it is the baseline model, it still has lots of bells & whistles!!

My android smart phone is paired with the car's blue tooth feature for hands-free talking on the phone!! It even picks up and announces incoming text messages!! It is like a dream come true!! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone!!

It IS a very nice & lovely car!! I've been zipping around in it most of the morning!! I'm spoiled with it!!

It is very quiet, and for a 2.5 liter 178-hp 4- cylinder engine, it certainly has a lot of pep & power to it!! Goes from 0 to 60 in about 3.5 seconds!! It can get out of it's own way, and even though it is the baseline model, it still has lots of bells & whistles!!

My android smart phone is paired with the car's blue tooth feature for hands-free talking on the phone!! It even picks up and announces incoming text messages!! It is like a dream come true!! :wink:
Does it pick up on other similar equipped vehicles and warn you if not in your line of sight?

Predator-Face.jpg
Lexus.jpg
Lexus-LF-NX.jpg

Here are the Lexus models.
The one in the bottom pic looks so bloody UGLY!!!
Looks like the creature in the film Predator (above)!!! :headshake::stop:

Last edited:
Whenever the styling of the Camry changes, so does the Lexus. It is the glorified version of the Camry - often called a poor man"s Lexus!! Hah!! :wink:
Which Toyota denied in court. Then later admitted they'd lied.

Back
Top Bottom