Getting a new Digital Camera!

Yeah - diffusing the light will improve the effect of harsh shadows - but tungsten light is not ideal. It casts a orange/ yellowish tinge. I guess maybe the white bag has helped to tone down that effect. Good effort!

I tend shoot all food photos in daylight simply because its the easiest way to get a natural looking result.

I now use a bent piece of white cardboard packing to reflect some daylight to the right of the subject.

If it's too dark I may use my sophisticated high tech flash diffusers.

Last edited:
Yeah - diffusing the light will improve the effect of harsh shadows - but tungsten light is not ideal. It casts a orange/ yellowish tinge. I guess maybe the white bag has helped to tone down that effect. Good effort!

You can adjust the white balance though.

You got the good one Shermie.
We tried the Sony we tried the Panasonic, both very user unfriendly and complicated.
Sony still hasn't figured out a good focus system.
Cannon is the way to roll.

Last edited:

I tend shoot all food photos in daylight simply because its the easiest way to get a natural looking result.

With digital, you just change the white balance, either in the camera, or in Photoshop if you are shooting in RAW format.

A little of a warm glow can look good on some foods. My test shot has a little warm hue. I could have easily taken the white plate to a perfect white, but I kinda' liked the "romantic" look with just a slight warm hue.

Also, keep in mind that the purpose of the exercise was to make a pleasing image with stuff people commonly have around the house.

CD

You got the good one Shermie.
We tried the Sony we tried the Panasonic, both very user unfriendly and complicated.
Sony still hasn't figured out a good focus system.
Cannon is the way to roll.

All I know is that I expect to get better picture quality than from the smart phone.

Back
Top Bottom