Getting this Sony Mini stereo system!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:08 PM
Sony Mini Stereo System with Bluetooth Feature..jpg

I am planning to get this Sony Mini Stereo System as a gift to myself after Christmas.

This thing is LOADED with features! It also has Bluetooth capability and great room-filling sound . it allows you to stream music directly from your computer or android smart phone! :wink:

No more big bulky space-robbing stereo systems for me!! I'm doing it to save space in my new apartment!

Sony is good gear @Shermie and looking at the specs of that system it should do everything you need and last a good long while too. It's nice to have something on in the background when you're doing stuff, I used to listen to musicals when I had an office of my own years ago (I miss it as we're open-plan now so can't have music on).

I converted all our home audio to digital this year and got a couple of SONOS speakers, but the wife isn't happy as she is a complete technophobe and wanted to stick with her little stereo and CD player (so I've got her a little digital radio for the kitchen for Christmas to try and make amends :wink:).

Sony is good gear @Shermie and looking at the specs of that system it should do everything you need and last a good long while too. It's nice to have something on in the background when you're doing stuff, I used to listen to musicals when I had an office of my own years ago (I miss it as we're open-plan now so can't have music on).

I converted all our home audio to digital this year and got a couple of SONOS speakers, but the wife isn't happy as she is a complete technophobe and wanted to stick with her little stereo and CD player (so I've got her a little digital radio for the kitchen for Christmas to try and make amends :wink:).

Thanks! Sounds like you got her the Bose Wave Radio or something similar to it.
I'll be able to record music onto a USB stick (flash drive) and plug the stick into the unit USB inlet jack. It will enable me to listen to unintterupted music as long as I choose to! Because sometimes the internet connection is not always reliable & screws up at times, causing you not to be able to stream music all the time!:wink:

Last edited:
Oddly only the old vinyl records were a true representation of the music - digital is merely sampled in bits and replayed as all one. Strange but true. [I admit it sounds better though]

Vinyl records used to be a big hit from around the '20s through the '90s.& possibly into the 21stcentury.

But sadly, times have changed. Vinyl records & LPs are still great, but to have a big collection of them is space robbing, much less allowing clutter to build up!
Disc jockys stream music from the Internet, as do juke boxes in bars & clubs.

That technology is brought into the homes via Youtube.com and other sources, such as Tidal as a way to enjoy music without stopping to change a vinyl LP.
CDs are still around, but only because of what their name implies; They are smaller than LPs and take up far less space than their predecessors did. :wink:

Vinyl records used to be a big hit from around the '20s through the '90s.& possibly into the 21stcentury.

But sadly, times have changed. Vinyl records & LPs are still great, but to have a big collection of them is space robbing, much less allowing clutter to build up!

That technology is brought into the homes via Youtube.com and other sources, such as Tidal as a way to enjoy music without stopping to change a vinyl LP.
CDs are still around, but only because of what their name implies; They are smaller than LPs and take up far less space than their predecessors did. :wink:
All quite true of course and the digital modern recording is almost infinitely re-playable without degradation - just pointing out that a groove is a constant recording whereas a digital recording [be it CD or on a computer] is 'sampled'.
Ho Hum - I'll just go crank up the phonograph and pop on a wax cylinder. :whistling:

Another good use for technology is you won't wind up with the stem that holds several records poking you in the backside when one decides a speaker makes a good seat.
Note: neither the stereo, the speaker or the record were hurt in that fall. The record didn't even skip.
The only thing that suffered major injury was my pride.

Another good use for technology is you won't wind up with the stem that holds several records poking you in the backside when one decides a speaker makes a good seat.
Note: neither the stereo, the speaker or the record were hurt in that fall. The record didn't even skip.
:oops:

Almost the same thing with VHS tapes.

Co's have stopped producing VCRs & movies / programs on VHS tapes to go with the smaller DVDs. But the blank VHS tapes themselves are still in production. Which all seems cool, But I STILL have an analog TV that has a built-in VCR.
Call me old school or a VCR relic, but I'm not giving it up as long as it works, and it still does!

I'm on a shoestring budget, and times are a little hard for me right now. But hopefully, things will be better soon. :headshake:

Last edited:
Almost the same thing with VHS tapes.

Co's have stopped producing VCRs & movies / programs on VHS tapes to go with the smaller DVDs. But the blank VHS tapes themselves are still in production. Which all seems cool, But I STILL have an analog TV that has a built-in VCR.
Call me old school or a VCR relic, but I'm not giving it up as long as it works, and it still does!

I'm on a shoestring budget, and times are a little hard for me right now. But hopefully, things will be better soon. :headshake:
They do sell stuff to convert VHS to digital.
Been there done that on the hard times.

Yeah, I hope you get a lot of joy from your new stereo @Shermie - you seem to have had a tough 2016 so I hope the new year is better for you. You certainly seem a bit more optimistic, which is good to see. :okay:

I think that LAST year (2015) was the worst one for me - dealing with the landlord from hell.
I'm so glad that is all behind me!! I don't EVER want to have to go through THAT again!! Being bullied, berated, threatened and terrorized by a pathological lying maniacal greedy money grubbing monster!!! :eek::headshake::stop::mad:

So what sort of music are you into @Shermie? or are you like me and a bit eclectic - you like bits and bobs from all genres and artists?

Back
Top Bottom