Getting this Sony Mini stereo system!

Video CDs took off in Asia but didn't in UK. I understand it was because VHS tapes could "hold" 2 hours of recordings (a complete film) but CDs could not (2 CDs being required for 1 film). Of course that changed with the advent of DVDs.

Notwithstanding that, I am quite happy with my music system albeit quite large and old. I have the facility to connect USB sticks via a modern DVD player but still have a few hundred CDs (And the old CRT telly!).

hi-fi oct s.jpg

Video CDs took off in Asia but didn't in UK. I understand it was because VHS tapes could "hold" 2 hours of recordings (a complete film) but CDs could not (2 CDs being required for 1 film). Of course that changed with the advent of DVDs.

Notwithstanding that, I am quite happy with my music system albeit quite large and old. I have the facility to connect USB sticks via a modern DVD player but still have a few hundred CDs (And the old CRT telly!).

View attachment 4619
Looks like a good base speaker...

I understand that they are now called "sub-woofers" by the latest generation.

The two small speakers should be positioned to the rear of the listener to provided "surround sound" but I leave them there for stereo playback. The cables are long enough for them to be temporarily re-positioned if wished.

Last edited:
Currently my "music stick" (which I've just needed to upgrade to 32 Gb) contains the discographies of:

Bob Dylan
Joan Armatrading
Jethro Tull
Kate Bush
Leon Redbone
Long John Baldry
Mott the Hoople
Pink Floyd
Planxty
The Strawbs
Ten Years After
The Who
Traffic
Trogs
Van Morrison

plus the compilations:

Martin Scorcase's History of the Blues
Amnesty International - The Songs of Bob Dylan
Psychadelic Years

Currently my "music stick" (which I've just needed to upgrade to 32 Gb) contains the discographies of:

Bob Dylan
Joan Armatrading
Jethro Tull
Kate Bush
Leon Redbone
Long John Baldry
Mott the Hoople
Pink Floyd
Planxty
The Strawbs
Ten Years After
The Who
Traffic
Trogs
Van Morrison

plus the compilations:

Martin Scorcase's History of the Blues
Amnesty International - The Songs of Bob Dylan
Psychadelic Years
I figured with all those you would have "The Last Waltz" by "The Band"

Drake
SVW
P Diddy
Johnny Gill
Bare Neked Ladies
Mary J Blidge
Brandy
Donald Byrd
Kenny G
George Benson
Biggie Smalls
Kanye West
Jay Z.:wink:

I figured with all those you would have "The Last Waltz" by "The Band"

It's a collection of virtually all the "official" recordings made by the particular artist/artists in the list (except for the compilations). The tracks are from my CD collection and in some cases supplemented by downloads from the internet. It is an ongoing task (which is why I had to upgrade from 16 Gb to 32 Gb yesterday). "Cream" was added this morning.

My CD collection consists of around 400 discs and the tracks from many have not yet been added to the stick.

Back
Top Bottom