Ghost Pepper Sea Salt

CraigC

Guru
Local time
4:09 PM
Karen ordered some Aji Panca dried chilis and a small sample packet of this salt came with the order. I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? Ghost peppers are also known as Bhut Jolokia.

All I know is that Ghost chillis are very very hot on the Scoville scale. It sounds wonderful. Send some over!

I would hope that it would be a measured amount, and not a "prove how tough you are by eating something dangerous" amount. I've had the superb "Atomic Burger", which has ghost pepper integrated into the burger itself, at Michael Symon's B-Spot, and I lived to tell the tale. It was hot, but the amount of ghost pepper was judicious enough that I could still taste the meat.

There are reviews for ghost pepper salts on-line. What brand is it? All the ones I see on Amazon have excellent ratings.

Karen ordered some Aji Panca dried chilis and a small sample packet of this salt came with the order. I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? Ghost peppers are also known as Bhut Jolokia.

A new one on me as well, my wife grows lots of chillies, but I've never come across that one. ( I grow from seed for her, she plants out later) I will ask anyway. I use her chillies to make my hot sauce.

Russ

The Spice Lab.
4.5 out of 5 stars!
81v-YNmQsuL._SY355_.jpg

The reviews have some great ideas, too (putting it on popcorn, mixing it into a can of peanuts). One low rating complained that it wasn't hot enough, so I suspect it's a measured seasoning (which is what I would have wanted...who wants to obliterate a perfectly good meal with something that's so spicy you can't control it?)

Yup, should have known, I've propagated for the wife, she has them in her greenhouse ATM. We also have frozen in the freezer. They are also in my hot chilly sauce. Should have known.

Russ

Yup, should have known, I've propagated for the wife, she has them in her greenhouse ATM. We also have frozen in the freezer. They are also in my hot chilly sauce. Should have known.

Russ

I would surely love to taste your hot chilli sauce!

I would surely love to taste your hot chilli sauce!

Too bad you can't taste the chipotle salsa I made yesterday. Craig loves it and I have to admit it was pretty good, though a bit spicy for me. Dried chipotles, Roma tomatoes and garlic cooked together, blenderized, then strained.

When I opened the pack of aji panca chilies to use 2 days ago that the ghost pepper salt came with, I noticed that The Spice Lab was local. Guess where we'll be going soon, maybe even today.

The Spice Lab was awesome. Couldn't believe all the stuff they had, even dried granulated honey and vinegars. Craig bought several interesting bottles that I'm sure he'll write about and I got some Bomba rice.

The Spice Lab was awesome. Couldn't believe all the stuff they had, even dried granulated honey and vinegars. Craig bought several interesting bottles that I'm sure he'll write about and I got some Bomba rice.

It sounds fascinating. Do they have an on-line presence?

Back
Top Bottom