Ginger

I love ginger - ginger biscuits, ginger snaps, in stir fries and curries, ginger ale and ginger wine. Every Christmas I make plenty of gingerbread - it keeps beautifully in the freezer too. My Mum always used to make ginger beer but I have not had that in a while. Many's the time we would be sitting in the front room and all of a sudden you would hear the "pop" of the corks...... :)

ROLOL! I love ginger too! and Love a good gingerbread! I make a soft ginger bread. YUM! I never thought of freezing it! I will have to try that!

ROLOL! I love ginger too! and Love a good gingerbread! I make a soft ginger bread. YUM! I never thought of freezing it! I will have to try that!

I make my gingerbread in the square black plastic dishes that supermarket ready meals come in. Line the dish with plenty of baking paper and then, when the gingerbread has cooled, slice it then put it back in the dish and wrap with cling film. Very handy if you only want one piece!

I make my gingerbread in the square black plastic dishes that supermarket ready meals come in. Line the dish with plenty of baking paper and then, when the gingerbread has cooled, slice it then put it back in the dish and wrap with cling film. Very handy if you only want one piece!

Very nice idea! Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom