Pinch of dried mustard powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg; plus 1 egg, separated
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, leek, parsley, mustard, and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Add enough of the milk to bind the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 8 parts and shape into sausages.

Beat the remaining egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 TB each butter and oil. Add the sausages, a few at a time, and cook, turning frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining oil, butter, sausages. Serve hot or cold.

Recipe courtesy of Tea & Crumpets cookbook, by Margaret M. Johnson

NOTE: I had a hard time keeping these together, so the second half, I shaped into patties

Last edited:

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:56 PM
GLAMORGAN SAUSAGES
Makes 8 sausages

Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh plain bread crumbs
4oz Caerphilly or Cheddar cheese, grated
1 small leek, white and pale green parts, washed and diced
1 TB minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, leek, parsley, mustard, and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Add enough of the milk to bind the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 8 parts and shape into sausages.

Beat the remaining egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 TB each butter and oil. Add the sausages, a few at a time, and cook, turning frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining oil, butter, sausages. Serve hot or cold.

NOTE: I had a hard time keeping these together, so the second half, I shaped into patties

No meat?

Russ

JAS_OH1

Veteran
Local time
2:56 AM
GLAMORGAN SAUSAGES
Makes 8 sausages

Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh plain bread crumbs
4oz Caerphilly or Cheddar cheese, grated
1 small leek, white and pale green parts, washed and diced
1 TB minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions

I was just thinking, what if you individually and tightly wrapped the "sausages" in plastic wrap and put them into the refrigerator to chill and set before cooking them?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
I was just thinking, what if you individually and tightly wrapped the "sausages" in plastic wrap and put them into the refrigerator to chill and set before cooking them?
I was thinking the same thing. I think my problem is, after watching a couple of videos, that I got mine too wet.

JAS_OH1

Veteran
Local time
I was thinking the same thing. I think my problem is, after watching a couple of videos, that I got mine too wet.
Seriously then, you could have added just a tad more breadcrumbs and that might have fixed it? Eggs can vary in size, so I wonder if the author of the recipe had smaller eggs?

Last edited:

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
Seriously then, you could have added just a tad more breadcrumbs and that might have fixed it? Eggs can vary in size, so I wonder if the author of the recipe had smaller eggs?
It could also have to do with the bread crumbs, i.e. size and type of bread.
I think it was the milk. Notice the recipe says "about" 1/4 cup. I'll cop to ignoring the "about" part and dumped it all in, figuring it would be fine (who says "about" anyway? Name an amount and commit. Be confident! :laugh:).

They were doing ok until I actually had to dip them, and by then, since I'd already portioned them out, I wasn't going to backtrack any.

I'm making it sound like a total loss - it wasn't. They tasted fine, very good. They were just a little...loose.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:56 AM
Ok, first off, I know these don't look right (you'll see when I get the pics posted later).

Compare with the Hairy Biker's recipe - its very similar but there are a few difference. I've seen them make these on TV so I presume it must work!

There is no milk in their recipe. I must say I found it an odd addition in the recipe you used.

Glamorgan sausages recipe

Top Bottom