Pinch of dried mustard powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg; plus 1 egg, separated
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, leek, parsley, mustard, and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Add enough of the milk to bind the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 8 parts and shape into sausages.

Beat the remaining egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 TB each butter and oil. Add the sausages, a few at a time, and cook, turning frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining oil, butter, sausages. Serve hot or cold.

Recipe courtesy of Tea & Crumpets cookbook, by Margaret M. Johnson

NOTE: I had a hard time keeping these together, so the second half, I shaped into patties

Last edited:
GLAMORGAN SAUSAGES
Makes 8 sausages

Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh plain bread crumbs
4oz Caerphilly or Cheddar cheese, grated
1 small leek, white and pale green parts, washed and diced
1 TB minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, leek, parsley, mustard, and a few grinds of pepper. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk and mix thoroughly. Add enough of the milk to bind the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 8 parts and shape into sausages.

Beat the remaining egg white until frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 TB each butter and oil. Add the sausages, a few at a time, and cook, turning frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining oil, butter, sausages. Serve hot or cold.

NOTE: I had a hard time keeping these together, so the second half, I shaped into patties

No meat?

Russ

GLAMORGAN SAUSAGES
Makes 8 sausages

Ingredients
3/4 cup fresh plain bread crumbs
4oz Caerphilly or Cheddar cheese, grated
1 small leek, white and pale green parts, washed and diced
1 TB minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
About 1/4 cup milk
AP flour for coating
2 TB canola oil
2 TB butter

Directions

I was just thinking, what if you individually and tightly wrapped the "sausages" in plastic wrap and put them into the refrigerator to chill and set before cooking them?

I was just thinking, what if you individually and tightly wrapped the "sausages" in plastic wrap and put them into the refrigerator to chill and set before cooking them?
I was thinking the same thing. I think my problem is, after watching a couple of videos, that I got mine too wet.

I was thinking the same thing. I think my problem is, after watching a couple of videos, that I got mine too wet.
Seriously then, you could have added just a tad more breadcrumbs and that might have fixed it? Eggs can vary in size, so I wonder if the author of the recipe had smaller eggs?

Last edited:
Seriously then, you could have added just a tad more breadcrumbs and that might have fixed it? Eggs can vary in size, so I wonder if the author of the recipe had smaller eggs?
It could also have to do with the bread crumbs, i.e. size and type of bread.
I think it was the milk. Notice the recipe says "about" 1/4 cup. I'll cop to ignoring the "about" part and dumped it all in, figuring it would be fine (who says "about" anyway? Name an amount and commit. Be confident! :laugh:).

They were doing ok until I actually had to dip them, and by then, since I'd already portioned them out, I wasn't going to backtrack any.

I'm making it sound like a total loss - it wasn't. They tasted fine, very good. They were just a little...loose.

Ok, first off, I know these don't look right (you'll see when I get the pics posted later).

Compare with the Hairy Biker's recipe - its very similar but there are a few difference. I've seen them make these on TV so I presume it must work!

There is no milk in their recipe. I must say I found it an odd addition in the recipe you used.

Glamorgan sausages recipe

Back
Top Bottom