Good old fashioned beans on toast

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
8:09 PM
I used to eat this a lot when l was growing up and I still do sometimes:) does anyone else have memories of this classic snack?

Ironically that is exactly what we have just had for sunday lunch, with a fried duck egg on top. We used to have it with melted cheese on the top as well, but I can't anymore due to a dairy allergy, so have a fried egg instead.

:) My dad used to make baked beans on toast for me as a kid. I have to say though, I always prefered spaghetti on toast. Not normal spaghetti of course, but a canned sort that is popular in New Zealand and tastes nothing like real spaghetti. :wink:

Beans on toast with grated Jack cheese used to be my every-day lunch at when I started working for the very first time.

They were so tasty and an easy going having to get back to office within a half of hour.

Beans on toast, with a fried egg on top, and cheese, and pickle. A salad along side and maybe some crispy bacon bits. :hungry:

...and some sausages, and a tomato, black pudding, hash browns....

I'll add cheese if I'm feeling luxurious.

I enjoy it a lot! Before I didn't really like beans that much but lately I've noticed how easy, simple and good they are.

Back
Top Bottom