Good rice and beans recipes?

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
2:37 PM
So, I'm currently broke AGAIN. Right now I only have a bunch of rice, beans, some eggs, canned tomatoes and some sausages. I'd preferably need these ingredients to make me like 4-5 meals. They don't have to taste like 5 star restaurant food, I just need to get enough nutrients to not die

do you have any herbs and spices? if so which ones?

you can easily make a nice meal with a few spices, the rice, beans, tomatoes and the egg each night or sausage if you want to vary it... which will last several days.
an omelette is a quick and easy option, supplemented with sausage and onion if you can.
If you have onions then that will help and I'm certain you must have some flour lurking as well - does not have to be bread flour.

What else do you have in your fridge/freezer/cupboards?

I agree with the other posters, you could make a nice and decent meal with those ingredients! I would suggest making fried rice, which you will then put some egg in and beans. If you must have meat then you can cut the sausage into little cube pieces and throw them in there!

You will obviously need some seasoning and it doesn't have to be anything fancy.. salt and pepper will do! Since you say you also have tinned tomatoes then you can throw those in as well to make the meal less dried out!

Even if you really had nothing else, then assuming you have enough of them (Like, you haven't just got one tin of tomatoes) those things would keep you perfectly well fed for a few days, if a little bored. There's protein, some vitamins, and carbs.

Beans and rice is one of my favorite meals. I like the taste of meal and really like the cost of the meal. You can add chilli powder to the mix to give it a pop of spice.

You could mash up some beans with some spices, rice and egg and pan fry it to make a bean burger. Or dice some sausage, fry it, then add it to cook with rice and tomato broth (paste is ideal though) and it makes a tomato sausage flavored rice.

Back
Top Bottom