Goodbye TaB

Back when I was drinking sugared pop, Tab was the only diet pop I would drink. I actually loved the taste of it. Didn't taste like anything else.

Now, I drink only a can a week at most, and Tab was getting hard to find, so I haven't had it in a while, but I'm going to go out in the next few days and see if I can find some.

I was listening to the story on the news, and they said, "If you liked Tab during its heyday, you were probably a fashionable, upwardly-mobile young woman." - ummmm, nope!

The first and only time I tasted coca cola was when Dad took us to visit friends at the American airbase in Warrington UK. It was 1959, his friend gave us bottles another first as Mum bollocked us for not using a glass at home. I made it to the loo and threw up. Now just the smell makes me gag.

TastyReuben, I think you need get the T-shirt in memory of...

Yeah, that's our ginger ale of choice. Extremely easy to get here, though. It's from Michigan, I think, so that's just a neighbor away, so to speak.

Vernor's is a favorite.

I never heard of it before I moved to Michigan in 1980. It was available everywhere in the state, and I'm glad you can get it elsewhere, too. For those who don't know, it's a ginger ale, but with a bit more ginger than most ginger ales (like Canada Dry), and more carbonation. If you're not prepared, and you open it and try to guzzle it, you will choke on the bubbles. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom