Goose Eggs

Local time
7:18 AM
Yesterday we visited a local farm shop and saw they had some goose eggs for sale. They weren't cheap (£1.99 each) but its years since we last had goose eggs so we bought a couple. They taste the same as hens eggs, but are more intensely flavoured and the yolks are huge.

Here they are with a hen's egg for comparison!

So breakfast today was simple poached eggs on toast (made with homemade bread) - lovely!

Yesterday we visited a local farm shop and saw they had some goose eggs for sale. They weren't cheap (£1.99 each) but its years since we last had goose eggs so we bought a couple. They taste the same as hens eggs, but are more intensely flavoured and the yolks are huge.

Here they are with a hen's egg for comparison!

So breakfast today was simple poached eggs on toast (made with homemade bread) - lovely!

They are big! I don't think I ever had them - I often by duck eggs though. I think they are meant to be a lot richer tasting. You could probably make a one egg omelette!

I don't recall my mother ever getting goose eggs, but roast goose was a "must" several times a year! On holidays mainly. Delicious! Duck tasted even better! After I left home, such dining was rare, my first wife, being Polish, specialized in pierogi and Golompki.

My second and present wife (40 years next month!) has baked duck, but long ago. I priced them recently: not a chance of buying one.......

Back
Top Bottom