Grated Cheese

I usually buy the pre-graded stuff unless there's a recipe that I know I can make a much bettter grated cheese for. For example, I'd buy grated cheese for spaghetti topping but not to go as a lasagna topping.

I used to love grating cheese as a child, but now pre-packed is worth the mess of cleaning the grater. Sometimes a block of cheese is still better, for cheese on toast or for melting. I do feel like a cheat using cheese already grated, but it does save time.

I buy it grated in the bags. After years of having to grate it by hand believe me I am not too picky. I will admit that some versions of grated cheese are better then others. For example Kraft and Sargento have excellent shredded cheese that comes in a package. I do admit though that in order to cut cost I have bought cheaper generic brands. These are usually not good at all, some don't even melt on food properly the way cheese should. But this still doesn't have me wanting to grab a grater and do it by hand again. Not when I know I can get shredded cheese in a bag.

Back
Top Bottom