Greetings from Canada.

Welcome Kanuck !

I think Canadian and US cooking is quite similar.

A question - They tape that show "You Gotta Eat Here" mostly up there. Are there really that many burgers up there ? Like with moose teeth or whatever on them ? Some of them look really good and others well, I would pass.

Another question is if you get more wild game up there. Moose, elk, deer etc. I know hunting isn't quite as popular now, probably because it is so hard to get a gun.

It is illegal to sell venison here in Ohio for example I really like the stuff.

Anyway, have fun.

T

Welcome Kanuck !

I think Canadian and US cooking is quite similar.

A question - They tape that show "You Gotta Eat Here" mostly up there. Are there really that many burgers up there ? Like with moose teeth or whatever on them ? Some of them look really good and others well, I would pass.

Another question is if you get more wild game up there. Moose, elk, deer etc. I know hunting isn't quite as popular now, probably because it is so hard to get a gun.

It is illegal to sell venison here in Ohio for example I really like the stuff.

Anyway, have fun.

T
Moose teeth ? lol. If your asking are burgers common here, yep for sure. And I suspect like you guys in the US you'll find great burger places sprinkled among a sea of really bad ones.

Wild game is fairly common in most cities, you'll at least find venison. Where I live it's very common and get deer and elk easily and PEC is close to an indigenous reservation where I can get moose which is not sold commercially here in Ontario. I don't hunt but have a few friends that do and have a freezer with wild moose roasts, venison and some rabbit. No wild game is allowed to be sold in restaurants and it's all farmed. Locally from farmed I can get ostrich, wild boar, camel, bison, elk, venison, partridge, rabbit and duck.

Welcome form Texas. One of my best friends in High School was from Kingston, Ontario. He was actually Best Man at my wedding. We had a lot of fun, sometimes at his expense. A Canadian in Port Arthur, Texas had us often asking, "What did you just call that?" :laugh:

So anyway, Howdy Padner... eh?

CD

Welcome form Texas. One of my best friends in High School was from Kingston, Ontario. He was actually Best Man at my wedding. We had a lot of fun, sometimes at his expense. A Canadian in Port Arthur, Texas had us often asking, "What did you just call that?" :laugh:

So anyway, Howdy Padner... eh?

CD
Hahaha, howdy back eh. Yeah, I live about 50 miles from Kingston. I have to say if I were to live in the States Texas is high on that list.....you get snow, right. Maybe that was a bad joke considering, not sure, fingers crossed.

Hahaha, howdy back eh. Yeah, I live about 50 miles from Kingston. I have to say if I were to live in the States Texas is high on that list.....you get snow, right. Maybe that was a bad joke considering, not sure, fingers crossed.

Yeah, we got us some snow this winter. :banghead:

Yes, it's funny... now. Not so much when it was zero-degrees F, and the electricity was only on for 20 minutes at a time.

Before you even think about living here, I would suggest you come on down for about a week in August. That might have an effect on your thinking. :heat:

CD

Back
Top Bottom