Recipe Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Limes

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:24 AM
This is a simple enough recipe which produces a very tasty result. The balsamic adds a lovely sweet tang to the chicken. In fact it surprised me how effective such a short marinating time can be. The recipe states cooking on a grill for 1-2 minutes either side or until cooked through. I used a grill pan on the stove top and I found that after 3 minutes per side the chicken was nowhere near cooked through and if I had left it longer it would have ‘over-charred’ on the outside. I ended up wrapping the chicken lightly in foil and popping it in the oven for 10 minutes to make sure it was safe to eat. Alternatively, I could have ’beaten’ out the chicken breasts to become thinner or butterflied them before they went into the marinade. This recipe contains no salt and I found I had to add that at the table - which is perhaps no bad thing for those that prefer a low salt diet.

Recipe from The New Cook by Donna Hay (2007)

Ingredients (serves 4)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
cracked black pepper
4 chicken breast fillets
4 limes, halved
assorted salad greens
balsamic vinegar, extra

Method
Combine vinegar, garlic, oil and pepper, and pour over chicken. Allow chicken to marinate for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade. Cook fillets on a preheated Barbecue or char grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. While chicken is cooking, place limes on the barbecue or grill to caramelise. To serve, arrange salad greens on serving plates. Slice chicken and place pieces on top of greens. Serve with limes and sprinkIe with extra balsamic vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom