• Chili flakes, 1tsp
  • Paprika powder, 2tsp
  • Olive oil, 2 tbsp
  • Garlic, 1 clove
  • Parsley, 1/2 cup
  • Lemon slices to garnish

Method:
  1. Clean the squid and separate the tubes from the tentacles
  2. In a bowl, mix baking soda, salt, sugar and milk and add the squid. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
  3. In a small pan, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil, add chopped garlic and cook until slightly brown
  4. Chop the tentacles into small pieces and add to the pan
  5. Add paprika powder and fry for 2-3 minutes
  6. Mix the tentacles with the smashed goat cheese and chopped parsley to prepare the stuffing
  7. Stuff the tubes with the mixture and seal with a toothpick
  8. Grill the stuffed squid tubes until the cheese is melted and the calamari (squid) is nicely seared
  9. Serve with lemon slices and garnish with spiced olive oil

#cookingbites recipe challenge

https://www.cookingbites.com/tags/cookingbites-recipe-challenge/watch

Last edited:
Looks fantastic!

I added the cookingbites recipe challenge tag for you. Tags need to be added in the header of the post (click on the little luggage label to add tags if you have forgotten to add them when posting):

I have eaten squid and love it when it is done correctly (not over cooked). I would like to try cooking with squid. I would have to YouTube cleaning videos'.

I have eaten squid and love it when it is done correctly (not over cooked). I would like to try cooking with squid. I would have to YouTube cleaning videos'.
It's really easy and 'clean'. Much easier than preparing fish. The first time I tackled a squid I made husband read instructions from a Rick Stein book. YouTube sounds better 😁

Back
Top Bottom