Grilled Vegetables

I just followed the weber instruction.
107708964_867683787054471_2628015489975814849_n.jpg

I took the lazy way out -- if I want grilled tomatoes (always cherry tomatoes), I jut put them on a separate skewer.
I first saw that with an ATK recipe, where the way they fixed overdone meat and underdone veggies on a skewer was to put all the meat together on their own skewers, all the tomatoes on their own skewers, etc, and grill them for different times.

It was one of those things that seemed like common sense in retrospect, but was an epiphany when I first saw it. I was so used to seeing pictures of kebab items all mixed on a skewer together that it was the only way I could think of them.

I first saw that with an ATK recipe, where the way they fixed overdone meat and underdone veggies on a skewer was to put all the meat together on their own skewers, all the tomatoes on their own skewers, etc, and grill them for different times.

It was one of those things that seemed like common sense in retrospect, but was an epiphany when I first saw it. I was so used to seeing pictures of kebab items all mixed on a skewer together that it was the only way I could think of them.

I've always cooked items on separate skewers. On another forum someone claims they can get everything on the same skewer cooked to perfection. Reminded me of the saying "there are those that pee in their wetsuits and those that tell you they don't".

That's how I do kebabs, but not because of ATK (not a big fan). I put onions on either or both meat and/or veggie skewers. They taste good lightly cooked or well charred. I think they Impart some flavor to the meat, but it could just be my imagination.

I put the meat kabobs on first, and the veggie kabobs on a little later. I have a good photo of some kabobs on the grill, but it is at home.

CD

Back
Top Bottom