Recipe Ground Chicken Cumin Patties

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
6:00 AM
In full disclosure I didn't measure anything. If you need me to actually put measurements in the recipe. Please assume everything is approximate.

Ingredients:

Boneless Chicken Breasts
Diced Mushrooms 1/4 cup
Cumin 2 table spoons
Paprika 1 table spoon
Onion powder 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon
kroger brand steak sauce 1 teaspoon
egg 1

Maybe a few other things. I'll add them if I can remember lol.

I ground the boneless chicken breasts with my newly acquired meat grinder. I added the rest of the ingredients. Mixed it well, cooked it in a little bit of oil on the stove top.

I'll add pictures shortly.

Bill

20190829_180246.jpg
20190829_074308.jpg
20190829_181303.jpg
20190829_083918.jpg

Last edited:
I've never made chicken patties. I need to learn.

Russ

They were a touch dry. I was hoping the diced mushrooms and egg would be enough moisture for them but I didn't think so. It was slightly dry. Colleen thought it was great.

They were a touch dry. I was hoping the diced mushrooms and egg would be enough moisture for them but I didn't think so.
They do look delicious! That browning on the outside is magical. :)

I know everything is approximate, but approximately how much mushroom did you include in each patty? About the amount of a standard white mushroom from Kroger, or significantly less? When you have a very lean protein like chicken breast, you do need to increase the moisture content somehow, and I see that you did try to do that (I realize I also wasn't specific about the proportions when I gave my meat grinder tips, so my apologies for that).

Back
Top Bottom