Recipe Guinness® Bread

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
4:50 PM
Guinness Bread.jpg
“He wished that a tale of a deed should be told of a deed not by him should by him not be told.”
James Joyce

Ingredients
3 cups flour
½ tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
⅓ cup oats
⅔ cup dark brown sugar
12 oz Guinness
1 tbsp oats
1 tbsp butter

Instructions
  • Preheat oven at 350F
  • Grease a loaf pan with the 1 tbsp butter.
  • Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ⅓ cup oats and brown sugar.
  • Slowly beat in the Guinness into the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on the low setting. Do not over mix the batter, but make sure that it is not too lumpy.
  • Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan and sprinkle the 1 tbsp of oats on top.
  • Bake the bread for 50 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted, comes out clean. Check at 45 minutes just in case the bread is done early.
  • Place on a cooling rack until at room temperature.

http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2012/04/guinness-bread/

I have made guinness bread before but I used rye flour mixed with wholemeal, and a tablespoon of molasses (black treacle) in the mix. I quite often use beer in bread... all sorts of beer!

@morning glory I was just going to ask the same thing. I never knew that you could use Guinness to make so many great things. It was be great to have even a separate thread with all the different recipes so we could have them all together. A forum would be great though. It is really something you should consider @classic33. By the way this bread sounds fantastic. Homemade bread is so good!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I tip my hat to you Classic33. Do we have about 33 Guinness recipes now and are they recommending a Guinness forum? Amazing! I think Classic33 had me in mind when this one was selected. It's too early after my near epic fail in bread making. I thank you. I think I am going to have to get a case of Guinness.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I tip my hat to you Classic33. Do we have about 33 Guinness recipes now and are they recommending a Guinness forum? Amazing! I think Classic33 had me in mind when this one was selected. It's too early after my near epic fail in bread making. I thank you. I think I am going to have to get a case of Guinness.
Only 22, at present!

@morning glory I was just going to ask the same thing. I never knew that you could use Guinness to make so many great things. It was be great to have even a separate thread with all the different recipes so we could have them all together. A forum would be great though. It is really something you should consider @classic33. By the way this bread sounds fantastic. Homemade bread is so good!
You just need to click on the Guinness tag art the top of the page and it will list all of the threads with a Guinness tag across the entire forum. We are just playing with then at the moment, so haven't written an introduction to them. @classic33 needs to add the tag when he creates new threads (I have been going through then and adding them at the moment).

So I have only done 9 Guinness ones so far...

Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-49-06.png

Reactions: L_B
You just need to click on the Guinness tag art the top of the page and it will list all of the threads with a Guinness tag across the entire forum. We are just playing with then at the moment, so haven't written an introduction to them. @classic33 needs to add the tag when he creates new threads (I have been going through then and adding them at the moment).

So I have only done 9 Guinness ones so far...

View attachment 1542
I'll add the Guinness tag then.

I'll add the Guinness tag then.
You can add any tags that apply, but you may be limited to 2 tags or 5, I can't remember... Animal you can accidentally or deliberately create new ones so please be careful with the spelling. I don't know how to edit the list and I have already misspelt one :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom