Had Gallbladder Surgery.

Maybe for admissions, but not for GP regular appointments...here in Akron, anyway. I took my sister to her checkup appointment last week, no test. I dropped her off at the door and waited for her, I was too chicken to go inside. She wore a mask inside.

I need to make an appointment to go see my GP. But I'm afraid of picking up COVID-19 at the doctor's office so it might have to wait until I feel comfortable. Feeling fine at the moment...
I was past my doctors the other day, there's a big tent in the car park, looks like they are seeing people in there?

Russ

Around here, until just recently, all regular GP appointments and the like were done via FaceTime.

How do they take your blood pressure and blood tests via FaceTime?

I was past my doctors the other day, there's a big tent in the car park, looks like they are seeing people in there?

Russ
Here we have tents set up in the parking lot of one of our pharmacies (Rite Aid). You have to call to make an appointment to get tested, and they won't test you unless you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

Here we have tents set up in the parking lot of one of our pharmacies (Rite Aid). You have to call to make an appointment to get tested, and they won't test you unless you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

I'm not sure what the set up here is, it's the only place I've seen a tent. Havnt been to doc this year so I guess I'll find out when I have to go. And yeah, he checks my bp every time I'm there.

Russ

How do they take your blood pressure and blood tests via FaceTime?
If you have your own monitor, they'll let you self-report. We have two, sort of a "welcome to your 50's" membership gift. Otherwise, I guess they'd just skip it and tell you to go buy a monitor for next time.

Our insurance through work has been pushing the telehealth stuff the last couple of years, through TeleDoc. I think once this settles down, there will be a lot more of this for routine checks.

MrsTasty had an appointment for her auto-immune disorder that she couldn't skip and had to have bloodwork for. She went in and had the blood draw done (masks for everyone), and instead of having to take 3/4th of a day in order for 20 minutes face-to-face, he just called her on the phone and went over everything with her, asked her how she was feeling, how she was set for meds, and after she hung up, she said, "I'd rather do that all the time."

Ahhh, yeah, most people. I neglected my doctor visits for years, never checked my BP, temperature, or weight. I went to the doctor last March for the first time in 15 years. I was lucky that everything was normal other than my vitamin D levels, and they gave me a DPT (diphtheria, Pertussis, Tuberculosis) vaccine and scheduled me a mammogram. We used to have a thermometer around here when the kids were young, but now as they are all adults I have no idea what happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom