Had Gallbladder Surgery.

I'm very happy to hear that you're doing better! I know that having your gallbladder removed means you almost certainly have to start restricting your diet. I say "almost certainly" because apparently some people who aren't affected as much as others. I assumed part of this was because, for example, if you never at spicy or fatty foods (which are hard to digest), then you don't have to give them up. Maybe it's still too early to tell, but how's that going?

How have you been feeling? Have you changed your diet much?

Yes, I have. I eat very little these days. My weight has gone down from about 280 to 229 My waist size has gone down from a size 52 to size 44. Supposedly, if your weight goes down, & you're a diabetic, the diabetes is supposed to go away. I want to find out if it has.

Yes, I have. I eat very little these days. My weight has gone down from about 280 to 229 My waist size has gone down from a size 52 to size 44. Supposedly, if your weight goes down, & you're a diabetic, the diabetes is supposed to go away. I want to find out if it has.

If you have Type 2 diabetes, losing weight can reduce your insulin use. I don't know about making it go away. If nothing else, losing that 50 pounds should at least feel good.

CD

Supposedly, if your weight goes down, & you're a diabetic, the diabetes is supposed to go away. I want to find out if it has.
It did for me. At my fattest, I was around 275 and getting bigger every day, and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

For me, the magic number was (and is) 200lbs. Anything over that, my A1C creeps up and my day-to-day blood sugar spikes more, and I have to be very careful with my carb intake. Under 200lbs, I can do pretty much as I please without much of a problem.

It did for me. At my fattest, I was around 275 and getting bigger every day, and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

For me, the magic number was (and is) 200lbs. Anything over that, my A1C creeps up and my day-to-day blood sugar spikes more, and I have to be very careful with my carb intake. Under 200lbs, I can do pretty much as I please without much of a problem.

Even that candy corn casserole?

CD

Back
Top Bottom