Recipe Ham in Coca-cola

This Coca Cola in cooking was foreign to me until I came here and might have heard about it elsewhere as well. I generally don't even keep too many around if at all. It's the beverage I drink maybe once a year to get my high. Outside of that it's the beverage my husband keeps sometimes for his alcohol buddies to use as a chaser of sorts. Interesting use of the product here though.
I've never even tried it! We don't keep it in the house and my husband of he drinks it, certainly doesn't own up to it. In now even aware of him drinking it, unlike the Twix wrappers I sometimes find in the car... :whistling:

I have however once bought it and that was to clean up a motorbike engine I was renovating. It is excellent for stripping oil and other cap of of engines and for cleaning up parts in general. Put them in a bottle of container with some Cola and shake, rinse off the part and it's clean! Brilliant... Now go and wash your hands, nowhere near as easy to get clean... :laugh:

Exactly the reason why I stay away from coke is what SatNavsaysStraightOn is talking about re it being good for cleaning engines and the like. I recall there being much talk about it being a cleaning agent and being good for removing rust etc. Years ago when those emails started circulating I swore I didn't ever want to see another one. Yet, I know I will cave in if anyone leaves a very cold one hanging around. :drink:I think I might have had one for the year and if I did it must have sent me in the clouds. They are that good when I slip up.

The list goes on - in fact there are 1,070,000 recipes for 'left over ham' if you google and over 24 million recipes for ham!:eek: Even assuming that some are duplicated..

With all those many ways of cooking a ham...........hands up who just use brown sugar? nowt else.

How would this differ from the way i cook my pulled pork in root beer? Would it tenderise it the same way? I will have to go research on the sugar quantities in the root beer and the coco cola and try them out and see. Has anyone tried root beer with slow cooking or baking?

Back
Top Bottom