hand mixer adapter to stand mixer

gaogier

Local time
11:28 PM
Hello

I am looking for a stand mixer for making things like pizza dough. I can make the dough okay with the hand mixer until things come together and I then kneed the dough until smooth and get a bounce back when finger is pressed into it.

I am autistic and hate getting dirty, wet, sticky etc and would be in need of a new stand mixer but don't have any money to go and buy a new one at todays prices. So, when looking for some stand mixers I saw that some had detachable hand mixers with the stand mixer which made me think can I just use a stand mixer adapter to make this work?

for the stand and hand mixer to work together, they would need to be designed to "fit" together - you can't just put any old hand mixed onto any old "stand" and have a functional device.

past that, look at the wattage of the hand mixer. many are "light duty" and probably will not hold up / last / live long if overloaded by kneading a stiff dough. heavy duty stand mixers intended for years of stiff kneading are rated at 500-600 watts.

depending on what kind of baked goods you're doing, there are adaptations of the "no-knead" technique - basically mix the dry ingredients, add the liquids, stir with a spoon, allow to rise overnight....

I posted this yesterday, but it somehow got deleted!

Back
Top Bottom