Hangover Food

Rocklobster

Legendary Member
Local time
12:55 PM
Ever have a hangover? Did you have a Go-to food you liked to eat?
I attended an Irish wake last night for a fellow band mate. We played music into the wee hours. Today it is diner food made at home. Starting with the classic club. Will post the pizza later..
5E92ECBC-833E-47B4-84D1-F810FB3AA46E.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your band brother. :(

Hangover food…something solid and a little sweet, so a big bowl of oatmeal always sounds good to me when I get that way.

Ever have a hangover? Did you have a Go-to food you liked to eat?
I attended an Irish wake last night for a fellow band mate. We played music into the wee hours. Today it is diner food made at home. Starting with the classic club. Will post the pizza later..
View attachment 95937
Greasy cheeseburger, or cheesy scrambled eggs with bacon and buttered toast when I was younger. These days it's soup.

And yes, sorry about your buddy's passing.

Greasy cheeseburger, or cheesy scrambled eggs with bacon and buttered toast when I was younger. These days it's soup.

And yes, sorry about your buddy's passing.
Thanks..I tend to go for the salty stuff, too..full breakfast is probably the first choice...I used to drink a beer and tomato juice with my lunch..hair of the dog but..it started to give me acid indigestion over time, so I haven't had one if a few years..

Thanks..I tend to go for the salty stuff, too..full breakfast is probably the first choice...I used to drink a beer and tomato juice with my lunch..hair of the dog but..it started to give me acid indigestion over time, so I haven't had one if a few years..
If I seriously tie one on sometimes it's just saltine crackers and 7-up, followed by ibuprofen and copious amounts of water. A little herbal weed helps at times.

If I seriously tie one on sometimes it's just saltine crackers and 7-up, followed by ibuprofen and copious amounts of water. A little herbal weed helps at times.
I'm already too scattered to go near weed when I am hungover...

Back in the day, it was Waffle House after the bars closed at 2AM. Eggs and fat seems to soak up alcohol pretty well. :laugh:

CD

We had a place in town called The Swinger..It would be quiet all night and then around 1 a.m. it would fill up for two hours with all the drunks in town..

We had a place in town called The Swinger..It would be quiet all night and then around 1 a.m. it would fill up for two hours with all the drunks in town..

Only in America would someone build a whole restaurant chain on that concept. :dance:

CD

Where I lived in Florida the bars closed at 4. Joe and Eddie's was my favorite dive diner but chain Waffle House was a close second. But we also had byob bars that were open after 4...so you could continue to drink or go eat and go home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom