Happy 4th of July (USA)

Isn't it a bit late for mimosas? I thought that was a morning drink, like a Bloody Mary. I do know that 2:30PM is a late start for traditional 4th of July drinking. :drink:

CD
Well, I didn't get to yesterday's party until 3:30 PM - so I wasn't going to be drinking on the road down there! I did have hard cider at the party, really good.

Isn't it a bit late for mimosas? I thought that was a morning drink, like a Bloody Mary. I do know that 2:30PM is a late start for traditional 4th of July drinking. :drink:

CD
I got a really late start this morning. We didn't even eat breakfast until 11AM. A couple of years ago, I'd have stabbed someone over that, but I've mellowed quite a bit in my old age. :laugh:

The party hosts did grill hamburgers and supplied baked beans and such. Others brought whatever - some good things! I found someone at the party who noted that the best Southern burgers are topped with mustard, onions and cole slaw (his place of origin). I have to agree! (I added a couple dill pickles... But I probably offended people by declining the bun?...)

The party hosts did grill hamburgers and supplied baked beans and such. Others brought whatever - some good things! I found someone at the party who noted that the best Southern burgers are topped with mustard, onions and cole slaw (his place of origin). I have to agree! (I added a couple dill pickles... But I probably offended people by declining the bun?...)
Slawburgers are a big thing locally here as well. I made them not long ago.

Mustard is definitely what most Texans seem to prefer on a burger. I am more of a mayo (better yet, spicy mayo) fan. Cole slaw on burgers is not common in my part of the South. That may be more of a Southeast thing.

Mine will have American cheese, mayo, iceberg lettuce, onion and tomato.

CD

CD
Where you been, CD? The new normal...with the pandemic is...

4218eee08c6ae8e7a5d63ecfb637b732.jpg

I decided on a side for my burger. Grilled (outside grill, not broiler) sweet corn on the cob. It is prime sweet corn season in the US.

CD

Back
Top Bottom