Happy 4th of July (USA)

Not sure if I told this story before, but I was in London on July 4th once many years ago. You’d think there wouldn’t have been any acknowledgment of the holiday, and there mostly wasn’t…except at many of the pubs, where I saw Budweiser being sold for a huge discount.

Everywhere I went, I saw Brits drinking Budweisers. I managed to find a place that had Sam Adams, so I had that instead. I don’t care what the discount was: I won’t drink Bud if there’s something better (meaning literally anything else).

Oh, and I do have a story about Kid Rock, sort of. My wife is a schoolteacher, and she used to work with his sister, Carol. They were both elementary school teachers together. She seemed pretty cool, and relatively normal.

She only worked there for one year because Kid Rock broke up with his son’s mom, and he wanted somebody he could trust to watch his kid while he was on tour. I think he decided to name her an assistant manager to give her some sort of a title, and I know he compensated her incredibly well. So, given the decision of teaching at an elementary school with an entry-level salary, or traveling the world and getting handsomely paid, her career as a teacher ended.

Last edited:
I generally have at least three kinds of mustards in my fridge. Yellow, Dijon and German Whole Grain. I also have about six kinds of hot sauces at any given time, and like to mix hot sauce and mustard for spicy mustards.

CD
YES! And I also have horseradish in the fridge, for that purpose too.

Back
Top Bottom