Happy Halloween!

How are you feeling? Just mild symptoms? Anyone else in the family sick?
We saw our best friends saturday, one of them is infected too. My husband and the other of them seem to be OK.
I just have a runny nose, a fever and mild aches. I have Covid for the 4th time now so as I have also been vaccinated 4 times I expect it to just be inconvienient.

And I am glad it's now and not next week due to my hotel stay on november 11th.

I added these little pumpkins to my on-line shopping delivery last night as they were reduced to 10p each. I'm not sure if they are worth cooking. All pumpkins are edible of course but I have bought some before which were intended for ornamental use and found tgem tough and tasteless. At the moment they are on my mantlepiece.

View attachment 106591
I'm curious on the outcome.

last year our neighbours put pumpkins outside their house, overnight someone destroyed them, they were all down the driveway, across the pavement and on the road. This year they had inflatable ones outside their front door.

One house I walked past had a pumpkin that looked like it had been sick, it's innards spilling out of it's mouth...icky but cleverly done.

last year our neighbours put pumpkins outside their house, overnight someone destroyed them, they were all down the driveway, across the pavement and on the road. This year they had inflatable ones outside their front door.

One house I walked past had a pumpkin that looked like it had been sick, it's innards spilling out of it's mouth...icky but cleverly done.

Smashing pumpkins was a big deal when I was a kid. I didn't do it, but it was done every year on "Mischief Night," the night before Halloween.

CD

I'm curious on the outcome.

They will be sacrificed to the pot when I get bored with seeing them on the mantelpiece! So I'll report back.

20231031_172523.jpg

Smashing pumpkins was a big deal when I was a kid. I didn't do it, but it was done every year on "Mischief Night," the night before Halloween.

CD

It must be heart breaking for the little ones who have spent time decorating and getting excited ready for the evening.

It must be heart breaking for the little ones who have spent time decorating and getting excited ready for the evening.

Well, the thing is, everyone knew about Mischief Night, and we didn't leave our Jack-O-Lanterns outside at night. After Halloween, they went in the trash, as they were starting to rot.

CD

Back
Top Bottom