Harry Potter Le Creuset

vernplum

Veteran
Local time
8:07 AM
Promotions | Harry Potter™ Collection | Le Creuset Singapore |

I must admit I am strangely drawn to the Voldermort casserole dish and I'm not even much of a Harry Potter fan...

le-creuset-harry-potter1.png

...for years I've resisted buying Le Creuset, but every year they go on sale (sometimes up to 50% off) and that temptation is there. I always talk myself out of them... 'they cost too much, they are ridiculously heavy, you don't need more kitchen pans and stuff - you have a perfectly good steel WMF thing...'

..but I'm sure one day I will cave in.

All I can see is spooning stuff out of that pan and getting ticked off every time I hit that squiggly thing with the spoon. :laugh:

That was one of the first things that struck me. How you may not want some embossed/raised motif on the bottom. It will get in the way of stirring and perhaps even cause burnt bits to gather, plus be a pain to clean?

...for years I've resisted buying Le Creuset, but every year they go on sale (sometimes up to 50% off) and that temptation is there. I always talk myself out of them... 'they cost too much, they are ridiculously heavy, you don't need more kitchen pans and stuff - you have a perfectly good steel WMF thing...'

..but I'm sure one day I will cave in.

I have a bunch of Le Creuset, but didn't pay full price for any of it. There is a Le Creuset Outlet store near me, and I buy "factory seconds," which supposedly have something wring with them, but I can NEVER find anything wrong. I got over well over 100 dollars off of my largest Dutch oven -- I don't remember the exact amount.

I used to go to the Le Creuset Outlet store about once a month to see what they had in factory seconds. It changes constantly. No that I have pretty much all the pieces I want (and have room for), I go ounce or twice a year, and seldom buy anything.

CD

I can see the benefit of buying Le Creuset. They are extremely well crafted.
However, they are absurdely expensive; but I mean absurdely, and I would only buy them if
  • I were a millionaire
  • I were a gourmet fanatic millionaire
  • I were a gourmet fanatic millionaire chef

That was one of the first things that struck me. How you may not want some embossed/raised motif on the bottom. It will get in the way of stirring and perhaps even cause burnt bits to gather, plus be a pain to clean?

I am guessing that these were created for the seriously obsessed Harry Potter fans, who will buy them, and never cook with them. They will continue to live off of McDonald's and Twinkies. Their cooking tool of choice will continue to be a microwave oven.

CD

I am guessing that these were created for the seriously obsessed Harry Potter fans, who will buy them, and never cook with them. They will continue to live off of McDonald's and Twinkies. Their cooking tool of choice will continue to be a microwave oven.

CD
I know that guy! :laugh:

I know that guy! :laugh:

I have a neighbor who is a major "Treky." If Le Creuset made a Star Trek Dutch oven, he'd have one, and never use it. His go-to lunch is Spaghetti-Os cold, right out of the can. :eek:

CD

I have a neighbor who is a major "Treky." If Le Creuset made a Star Trek Dutch oven, he'd have one, and never use it. His go-to lunch is Spaghetti-Os cold, right out of the can. :eek:

CD
I should be clear, I don't know if Donald is a huge HP fan or not, but he's a massive LC fan, and he never shuts up about this pan or that pot or this other dish, and he's always working his massive, "very valuable" collection into any conversation, will blab and blab about how "this one cost $1,200, but it's sooooo beautiful, how could I not get it..."

If anyone mentions cooking anything, he'll pipe up that if you're not cooking that in an LC pot, you may as well just throw the dish and yourself off the nearest building, because anything, even a bowl of cold cereal, tastes better with LC, and the whole thing is BS because...he doesn't cook! Not one bit! Says he does, but he doesn't! Nearly everything he eats is restaurant food!

I can see the benefit of buying Le Creuset. They are extremely well crafted.
However, they are absurdely expensive; but I mean absurdely, and I would only buy them if
  • I were a millionaire
  • I were a gourmet fanatic millionaire
  • I were a gourmet fanatic millionaire chef

Personally I think they are overrated. Plus, the enamel discolours over time. I know that because I cooked with a set for years. I now have a couple of perfectly good similar pans. One came from Aldi and cost £20 ($26). I only bought them for food photos really...

This is the Aldi. Its really too large for me these days so not often used.

Here is the other. I use this more often as its a perfect size for pheasant. I believe it was under £30.

Back
Top Bottom