Has anyone bought accessories for their Stand Mixers yet?

My mum baked cakes and cookies (and I baked bread) ALL by hand. Wouldn´t dream of doing it any other way. If you´ve ever seen a show called "Pasta Grannies", you´ll see Italian nonnas making pasta by hand and kneading dough... and they´re often over 90 years old.
I guess it´s a choice between traditional and modern.
My Oma Did everything from scratch (she was born in 1893, in Germany). She did develop a fondness for a hand mixer when given one as a gift.

My Oma Did everything from scratch (she was born in 1893, in Germany). She did develop a fondness for a hand mixer when given one as a gift.
Our mom had a hand-held mixer at first. After a while, she bought a Hamilton Beach stand mixer that looked just like THIS one (pictued below). It saved us from a lot of tedious hand mixing that we had to do by hand! :whistling:

Last edited:
This is a stupid question, but I just got a stand mixer and food processor and I've never used those appliances before, can I use my Kitchenaid to make my pasta and pizza dough? Or do I have to do them by hand still? Will it ruin them if I use the mixer? I need shortcuts, my carpal tunnel is at an all time bad.

This is a stupid question, but I just got a stand mixer and food processor and I've never used those appliances before, can I use my Kitchenaid to make my pasta and pizza dough? Or do I have to do them by hand still? Will it ruin them if I use the mixer? I need shortcuts, my carpal tunnel is at an all time bad.
I use my food processor for both the pasta and pizza doughs, quick and easy.
For the KA I have the pasta sheeter and cutters; roll the pizza dough out by hand.

You can definitely use your stand mixer to make pizza dough (and even faster in your food processor).

General rule of thumb is to use your standard pizza dough recipe, use the stand mixer on stir setting to mix it, and speed 2 to knead it. Knead it for the same amount of time you’d do it by hand. You can even leave it in the mixer bowl to rise.

Your mixer should have come with a recipe book, either printed or on a CD, or possibly a QR code to scan to get to their website, and that’ll most definitely contain a pizza dough recipe.

Try this one:

KITCHENAID PIZZA DOUGH

They don’t knead it for nearly as long, I’d definitely go longer, but try it out and see.

Every recipe I've seen that uses a mixer to knead dough calls for a shorter knead time simply due to the fact that the machine kneads faster than a human can, even at lower speeds.

Every recipe I've seen that uses a mixer to knead dough calls for a shorter knead time simply due to the fact that the machine kneads faster than a human can, even at lower speeds.
And I´ll add something totally irrelevant, but interesting. Kneading dough by hand is therapeutic and relaxing. No machine can do that for you!

You can definitely use your stand mixer to make pizza dough (and even faster in your food processor).

General rule of thumb is to use your standard pizza dough recipe, use the stand mixer on stir setting to mix it, and speed 2 to knead it. Knead it for the same amount of time you’d do it by hand. You can even leave it in the mixer bowl to rise.

Your mixer should have come with a recipe book, either printed or on a CD, or possibly a QR code to scan to get to their website, and that’ll most definitely contain a pizza dough recipe.

Try this one:

KITCHENAID PIZZA DOUGH

They don’t knead it for nearly as long, I’d definitely go longer, but try it out and see.

Note: I may be stating the obvious, but you need a dough hook for the stand mixer to make pizza dough. Some mixers include one, for others, you need to buy one.

This is what my KA came with...

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 3.45.23 PM.jpg

CD

And I´ll add something totally irrelevant, but interesting. Kneading dough by hand is therapeutic and relaxing. No machine can do that for you!
…and you can feel the dough!

Puggles has carpal tunnel issues, though (something I have as well), so she may have to rely on a therapist for that (or a spa day)! :wink:

I bought THIS Globe mixer a few years ago. It was once said that some of the KA attachments can be used on the power hub at the front of the machine. Does anyone know this to be true? Globe itself does not make any attachments for this machine. :cry::(

Back
Top Bottom