Have you ever tried smoked trout?

Yes! I love it! It's great with kamote top salad with tomatoes and fish sauce. People from my country are not very fancy when it comes to fish. In fact, boneless fish is something of a luxury for us. Perhaps, it's because most of us live near seas and other bodies of water, that we eat our fish fresh! Anyway, smoked trout or any other kind of fish is something that I love.

Never had smoked trout. I love smoked salmon. I like the salmon patties and baked salmon is one of my favorite fish. We do not smoke our own meat but I will look in the stores to see if it is available to give smoked trout a try soon.

The best way to counter that I guess is just to pull the meat off the smoked trout and pick through the bones out. It's a seriously big pain in the ass. But, I fed fish to people who didn't even like fish this way and I converted them over. They just eat such sheltered meals and typically "store-bought" stuff that eating gamey or wild food doesn't sit well with them. But with the proper cooking methods, it can taste superb beyond superb.

I still stick by my block cheese comments too. Bread, Fish, Cheese, and Wine. There was a reason sailors and pirates of old ate them as meals. They're DAMN TASTY. That's why.

The best way to counter that I guess is just to pull the meat off the smoked trout and pick through the bones out. It's a seriously big pain in the ass. But, I fed fish to people who didn't even like fish this way and I converted them over. They just eat such sheltered meals and typically "store-bought" stuff that eating gamey or wild food doesn't sit well with them. But with the proper cooking methods, it can taste superb beyond superb.

I still stick by my block cheese comments too. Bread, Fish, Cheese, and Wine. There was a reason sailors and pirates of old ate them as meals. They're DAMN TASTY. That's why.
A good beer is fine too.

I would agree with beer, but I'm allergic to the hops/yeast part a bit. I tend to steer clear of things that have been fermented with such products inside it, or I end up dying later the night in the bathroom haha.

But yeah, Beer would work too.

I have tried trout but I really do not like trout. I really do not like a lot of different kinds of fish. I mostly eat whiting, pink and red snapper. I do not like any fish that has too much of a fishy taste to it.

On the same topic of smoked fish ,I was lucky enough to go to a restaurant last week that served the most sublime smoked salmon you could wish for ,I came back and googled the maker ,ole Hanson ,a bit ex enteric ,he plays live and recorded jazz music while the fish is smoking as he says the wind is live! And his product commands some big prices
Website below
http://hansen-lydersen.com

I've never tried smoked trout, but I enjoy trout other ways so I am certain I'd like it. I do love smoked salmon so I look forward to trying smoked trout at some point in the very near future. I've been curious about it for a while, and I think I pinned something recently that called for it as an ingredient.

Just had some fresh caught river trout that was smoked from my good old redneck buddy who just got back from his spot - and after he prepared it in his smokehouse and enjoyed it thoroughly he gave me a whole smoked fish myself. Only problem is HOLY CRAP BONES EVERYWHERE. This fish, I swear, had more bones than anything I've ever eaten. So small sometimes you can miss them! So be extra careful not to choke on this delicious treat. Because of this I find myself eating this type of a meal in small chunks with cheese and crackers/dip.

Ive just been asked to do a smoked trout dish for a trout farmer/smoker as a advertising event , looking at a vanilla cure, with pickled radish and cucumber ketchup

Back
Top Bottom